Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2015 5:37:44 PM EDT
I got my license ( YEAH !      )    But I just noticed at the bottom of the card     Federal Firearms License (FFL) Information Card  I'm to cut out and I suppose carry with me.. it says...  
"Not valid for the sale or other Disposition of Firearms"  
I'm a type 01  FFL  BTW..
Anyone know why this would possibly be on the card? I'm not a C&R .... ??

EDIT.. I think I understand and if so please chime in..   THE CARD is not valid for use to sell etc.. IOW don't use the card to buy..sell use the license..
Is this correct?    
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct...
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got my license ( YEAH !      )    But I just noticed at the bottom of the card     Federal Firearms License (FFL) Information Card  I'm to cut out and I suppose carry with me.. it says...  
"Not valid for the sale or other Disposition of Firearms"  
I'm a type 01  FFL  BTW..
Anyone know why this would possibly be on the card? I'm not a C&R .... ??

EDIT.. I think I understand and if so please chime in..   THE CARD is not valid for use to sell etc.. IOW don't use the card to buy..sell use the license..
Is this correct?    
View Quote

The card is not your license, thus it does not meet the CFR for display to another FFL in order to allow them to sell you a firearm as an FFL. You can sell to other FFLs without showing your license, and non-FFLs do not need to see your license whether buying or selling, though it should be posted at your premises.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
So I take it. ... 2 things  
1.  You people have the same statement on the card ?
B. You take a copy of your ffl when on the move?
3. None of the above
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I take it. ... 2 things  
1.  You people have the same statement on the card ?
B. You take a copy of your ffl when on the move?
3. None of the above
View Quote

I always have a FFL copy in my wallet. Several times I have been out-of-state and found something I could not live without. The card is useless, I have never cut it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top