User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Apparently not. See RenegadeX's reply to the legalities of your Tulsa trips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr. Dogtown Tom, I'd say it's a pretty sure bet that the BATFE is not going to be hiring idiots that will be spouting off bullshit so you really do not have anything to worry about there.
Ummmm..........lets see...in the last six years:
-An ATF IOI in Washington state told a dealer that a licensee could only ship to my premises address. Bullshit and it took a call to the Western Regional Director who set him straight.
-The ATF IOI who told me that "all firearms shipments must have a signature on delivery". Bullshit......ATF regs only require that on shipments via a common carrier.
-The ATF IOI who told me that I could set up a table and sell at an out of state gunshow as long as I transferred the firearm to a local dealer for transfer to the customer. Bullshit, that's not legal and ATF has since sent out "What you can do at a Gunshow" brochures.
-The ATF IOI who told me that AR lowers had to be designated as "Handgun" or "Long Gun" at the time of transfer. Bullshit. Apparently he hadn't read the instructions on the 4473.
-The ATF IOI who did my first compliance inspection wanted to do the inspection at 9am. Bullshit. I told him my business hours are 5-10pm and I would be happy to meet then, but I cannot meet 8-5 because I'm a teacher. "but I have to have my car back to the motor pool by 5pm"..........he had no idea that federal law restricts compliance inspections to the licensees business hours.
You want more IOI BULLSHIT stories? On the dealer forum they are a weekly occurrence.

And I'm sure they "know" you are a tax paying license paying citizen that also is paying their wages too, don't forget that........ So, when your inspector says.......................  to do what ever they are asking you to do you may want to do it, even if it's freshening up your memory on Statutes, CFR's and the like...........................
Sorry, I'm not ATF's bitch. If the IOI is wrong I'll tell him so. If needed I'll call his supervisor.
I make it a habit to know more about ATF regs than any IOI......you should too. Or you could just continue to take his word for it.

Mr. Dogtown Tom, Just to let you in on a little secret............... I do know more than the "average bear"

Like I said earlier...............there is a lot of internet ninjas on here........................ now I thinking there's a lot of assholes also!!  

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Like I said earlier...............there is a lot of internet ninjas on here........................ now I thinking there's a lot of assholes also!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr. Dogtown Tom, I'd say it's a pretty sure bet that the BATFE is not going to be hiring idiots that will be spouting off bullshit so you really do not have anything to worry about there.
Ummmm..........lets see...in the last six years:
-An ATF IOI in Washington state told a dealer that a licensee could only ship to my premises address. Bullshit and it took a call to the Western Regional Director who set him straight.
-The ATF IOI who told me that "all firearms shipments must have a signature on delivery". Bullshit......ATF regs only require that on shipments via a common carrier.
-The ATF IOI who told me that I could set up a table and sell at an out of state gunshow as long as I transferred the firearm to a local dealer for transfer to the customer. Bullshit, that's not legal and ATF has since sent out "What you can do at a Gunshow" brochures.
-The ATF IOI who told me that AR lowers had to be designated as "Handgun" or "Long Gun" at the time of transfer. Bullshit. Apparently he hadn't read the instructions on the 4473.
-The ATF IOI who did my first compliance inspection wanted to do the inspection at 9am. Bullshit. I told him my business hours are 5-10pm and I would be happy to meet then, but I cannot meet 8-5 because I'm a teacher. "but I have to have my car back to the motor pool by 5pm"..........he had no idea that federal law restricts compliance inspections to the licensees business hours.
You want more IOI BULLSHIT stories? On the dealer forum they are a weekly occurrence.

And I'm sure they "know" you are a tax paying license paying citizen that also is paying their wages too, don't forget that........ So, when your inspector says.......................  to do what ever they are asking you to do you may want to do it, even if it's freshening up your memory on Statutes, CFR's and the like...........................
Sorry, I'm not ATF's bitch. If the IOI is wrong I'll tell him so. If needed I'll call his supervisor.
I make it a habit to know more about ATF regs than any IOI......you should too. Or you could just continue to take his word for it.

Mr. Dogtown Tom, Just to let you in on a little secret............... I do know more than the "average bear"

C'mon.........don't resort to name calling.......after all your not the average bear!
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not an ffl holder.
Maybe one day, so I like following along here.

But this thread made me wonder, what about your private collection acquired prior to getting your ffl?  I have a few things that I have had for so long that I can't even begin to guess what year let alone know the exact date I got them.

Sorry if derail, but sort of similar to op's question.

Be gentle...
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not an ffl holder.
Maybe one day, so I like following along here.

But this thread made me wonder, what about your private collection acquired prior to getting your ffl?  I have a few things that I have had for so long that I can't even begin to guess what year let alone know the exact date I got them.

Sorry if derail, but sort of similar to op's question.

Be gentle...
View Quote

This is all covered in the regs and once in a while it is summarized in the FFL newsletter.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The ATF uses the word "encourage" to steer people to actions they would like to see, but are not statutory.  ATF encourages dealers not to share copies of their FFL's with non-FFL's, for example.  ATF encourages dealers to have a log of personally owned firearms, another example.

In the other post I used "recommends" instead of "encourages", those are synonymous in my intent.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top