Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 10:44:20 AM EDT
in my first year of SOT.  
guy wants to "trade in" his suppressor and get a different one. so... does customer send in a form 3 transfering it to me?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
$200 tax needs to be paid on f4
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless the guy trading it in happens to also be a SOT, you can't use F3.  F3 is between SOTs only.  Government entities could trade it in to you on a tax-free F5.  All others pay $200 and use F4.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
ok.  so the guy is pretty much stuck with it unless HE finds someone who wants it bad enough to go through all the bullshit for a used suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ok.  so the guy is pretty much stuck with it unless HE finds someone who wants it bad enough to go through all the bullshit for a used suppressor.
View Quote

Yep.  There isn't much market for used cans.  

I'm doing a trust to trust right now on a can I have.  Lucky I got a really good deal new, so I'm not loosing too much on it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm doing a trust to trust right now on a can I have.  Lucky I got a really good deal new, so I'm not loosing too much on it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

About the only market for used cans is folks aged 18-20; as they can buy one from an individual, but not from an FFL. Of course, they're dependent upon the seller knowing that it is legal for them to sell it to them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
What does he have?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Make a offer taking into account the tax. If he really wants to get out of it he might make you a great deal. As a deer it's easier to sell a used can.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I assume you meant to say "as a dealer it is easier to sell a can"

If it is a decent can and I need it, I would be interested.  I can buy Form 4 direct from him as a type 1 dealer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I assume you meant to say "as a dealer it is easier to sell a can"

If it is a decent can and I need it, I would be interested.  I can buy Form 4 direct from him as a type 1 dealer.
View Quote

Deer Dear Dealer What does it even matter
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
its a wilson combat for a .308
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, no need for that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top