Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2014 4:42:42 PM EDT
I have two completed AR-15 lower receivers that will be going to the same customer.  These particular receivers are completed rifle receivers (rifle tube and stock attached).  Since these were born into rifles, should I log them in as rifles or just receivers?  Also, as I do business in a border state, do these need to be reported as a multiple sale of semi-auto rifles??  I'm not so sure on the latter as these can be assembled into .204 Ruger SA rifles or pump action/single fire .22cal or higher rifles.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would contact your local ATF rep that came to do your interview, mine told me many times to contact him if I had any questions.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not picking up the phone.  The field office line is dead and DC won't comment.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have two completed AR-15 lower receivers that will be going to the same customer.  These particular receivers are completed rifle receivers (rifle tube and stock attached).  Since these were born into rifles, should I log them in as rifles or just receivers?  Also, as I do business in a border state, do these need to be reported as a multiple sale of semi-auto rifles??  I'm not so sure on the latter as these can be assembled into .204 Ruger SA rifles or pump action/single fire .22cal or higher rifles.  
View Quote

First, read the instructions on your 4473 to Question 18 "Type of Firearm".
Second, read the instructions to the Multiple Sale of Certain Rifle form.

1. If they have not had a stock AND barrel attached they aren't "rifle receivers"......just "receivers".
2. What does "born into rifles" mean?
3. You only report multiple sales of certain rifles when you sell or transfer ...............rifles. (and AR lowers aren't rifles)
4. Don't call your IOI. He will think you need a visit and he would be correct (because you haven't read any instructions).

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. If they have not had a stock AND barrel attached they aren't "rifle receivers"......just "receivers".

3. You only report multiple sales of certain rifles when you sell or transfer ...............rifles. (and AR lowers aren't rifles)

4. Don't call your IOI. He will think you need a visit and he would be correct (because you haven't read any instructions).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was referring to this when I was talking about born into a rifle.  "Once a rifle always a rifle."  So as these have stocks attached, this would lead me to believe that they are rifles (and cannot be made into pistols).  I really just ended up confusing myself on this.  Instructions for question 18 cleared this up.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was referring to this when I was talking about born into a rifle.  "Once a rifle always a rifle."  So as these have stocks attached, this would lead me to believe that they are rifles (and cannot be made into pistols).  I really just ended up confusing myself on this.  Instructions for question 18 cleared this up.  Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Completed lowers can still become shotguns, SBRs, SBS or a DD.

Hence they are recievers until finally mated to an BBL.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top