Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 9:19:41 PM EDT
Ok so I received a AR pistol for a customer today from Radical Firearms. They built the pistol on a stripped Aero lower (Aero's complete roll mark, serial, and model info). The aero lower is the same one that you would get if you bought a stripped lower straight from them. Radical Firearms then engraved "built by Radical Firearms" on the lower. So my question is when entering into the book and putting the info on the 4473 would you put Aero or Radical Firearms? I would THINK you'd put Radical Firearms, then the serial and model that Aero engraved. Would this be correct?

The opposite side of the lower has the Aero roll mark, info and serial

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you'd use Radical Firearms, as they took an Aero lower and turned it into a handgun. They must be a very small Type 07, though, if they couldn't afford to order enough lowers and get a marking variance to get Aero to put their rollmark on them, instead. Hell, there are shops out there who will/would do it for as few as 100 lowers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That was my thought as well and odd that they didn't. I know this customer bought this about 2 months ago, so I'm wondering if they have been waiting on a variance and finally said screw it and started building and sending them. Hell a 07 local to me does markings for other 07 by just doing them 25 at a time. Getting some done with my logo and their manufacture info being I'm only a 01.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top