Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 4:14:03 PM EDT
Okay
same person as in previous thread;

Just got off the phone with the senior supervisor for TN ATF and he said"

We must fill out a 4473 for every employee in our shop (this form is for transfer of firearms), and if there is anybody employed that can not "be around" guns.....they gotta go or owner is liable for "probable possession" or some shit

and

the owner off the FFL has to be present and on premises at ALL times, no matter what or everyone in the shop at the time can go to jail

so what is the deal folks, how can we get the answers we need?

IS this all BS?>

fixed stupid spelling
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
added info

we have forms filled out, finger print cards done, pictures taken and check made out for $150

and now this

this experience is the opposite of everyone else's
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
4473?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tag
4473?
View Quote

form used to transfer firearms when sold
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tag
4473?

yes sir i get that but you said 7743...
so i was a wonderin
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Okay
same person as in previous thread;

Just got off the phone with the senior supervisor for TN ATF and he said"

We must fill out a 7743 for every employee in our shop (this form is for transfer of firearms), and if there is anybody employed that can not "be around" guns.....they gotta go or owner is liable for "probable possession" or some shit

and

the owner off the FFL has to be present and on premises at ALL times, no matter what or everyone in the shop at the time can go to jail

IS this all BS?>
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
oops

that's actually what she said, I took it as 4473 and typed what she said arguing that that form was for transfer....

she had to get involved again...

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
4473 for EACH sale/gun
you can make R/P's
outa everybody ( that can be around guns) ya probably (might ) not hire known felons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]
he said each employee has to have a 4473 done on them...that is when I said she was full of it since that form is not used like that

all firearms will be on the books, at time of sell to wholesaler, they will come off the books and then be transferred (easy part to understand)

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
responsible party gotcha thank you
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We must fill out a 4473 for every employee in our shop (this form is for transfer of firearms),  
View Quote

Only if they buy firearms from your shop......why are you surprised by this?

if there is anybody employed that can not "be around" guns.....they gotta go or owner is liable for "probable possession" or some shit
View Quote

As in a prohibited person?
Why on earth would you think a prohibited person would be allowed to "be around" guns in a gun shop?
They most certainly can be employees, but cannot have access to or exercise any control over firearms. (I'm sure WalMart has plenty of employees that are "prohibited persons".......that doesn't keep them from working in other departments.  )

View Quote

Horseshit. Nonsense, Bullshit and you should be ashamed for repeating such bullshit.
How many WalMart employees get arrested when the Sporting Goods manager leaves for lunch?

View Quote

Try reading...........ATF.gov has everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not surprised; senior agent for us told us we have to have every employee fill this out just because they work here

Why on earth would you think a prohibited person would be allowed to "be around" guns in a gun shop?
They most certainly can be employees, but cannot have access to or exercise any control over firearms. (I'm sure WalMart has plenty of employees that are "prohibited persons".......that doesn't keep them from working in other departments.  )
I agree that they cannot have access to or control over "fireams" SENIOR agent told us NO ONE on the premises/property/facility can NOT be able to own a firearm

Horseshit. Nonsense, Bullshit and you should be ashamed for repeating such bullshit.

Once again, the senior agent for us told us this, and since then I was informed of R/P and this will cover it
How many WalMart employees get arrested when the Sporting Goods manager leaves for lunch?

you are correct, I had everything filled out and done, then stupid happened; the senior agent for TN out of Nashville tells us everything that has been mentioned above,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We must fill out a 4473 for every employee in our shop (this form is for transfer of firearms),  

Not surprised; senior agent for us told us we have to have every employee fill this out just because they work here

if there is anybody employed that can not "be around" guns.....they gotta go or owner is liable for "probable possession" or some shit

I agree that they cannot have access to or control over "fireams" SENIOR agent told us NO ONE on the premises/property/facility can NOT be able to own a firearm

Once again, the senior agent for us told us this, and since then I was informed of R/P and this will cover it

you are correct, I had everything filled out and done, then stupid happened; the senior agent for TN out of Nashville tells us everything that has been mentioned above,

sorry to upset you, just because I am trying to clear this up

I demanded she get a "code/law that covers all of this BS, he sent her a copy of section 922 unlawful acts...that doesn't say shit about any of this, then sends her the "legal definition of a prohibited person"

and he restated by sending a copy of a 4473 which states specifically on top this firearms transaction record part I; over-the-counter

so someone there is an idiot or the Sammich maker is asking stupid questions

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
.......so someone there is an idiot or the Sammich maker is asking stupid questions

View Quote

You keep complaining about the other employee.............but you don't seem to know ATF regs any better.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the point to your posts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You keep complaining about the other employee.............but you don't seem to know ATF regs any better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.......so someone there is an idiot or the Sammich maker is asking stupid questions

I came here to learn, and I did, I went to ATF website and got the info I needed:

ATF website says I need:

Necessary materials

ATF F 5310.12 form 7  filled out

ATF F 5330.20 C of C filled out

2 completed FD-258 finger print cards (completed)

2 2x2 photos of RP responsible person (completed)

and of course the Application Fee (check for $150)

I stuck all items in a manila envelope and handed to secretary to mail

she needed zipcode and asked the other person what mailing address was

She was pissed that I said We only needed items in the envelope, she calls agent in Nashville and that is were we are now

So me not knowing the laws is why I am learning, thats why the envelope had exactly what the website said I needed

The Agent is the one that said "before we can get the FFL7 all people had to fill out and submit a 4473" I know this is BS and know the us of that form

I only ASK Why the Fuck is this person telling us we need extra stuff before we can apply?

I just figured folks could help, sorry to have a meaningless thread, it's obvious some folks dont read everything and just skim over posts on AR15

I figured sub forumns would be different

I know the difference between firearms and parts manufacturing, two different things, so yes I know which employees can do what.....that was nothing I ever disagreed on

And the POINT is we have a SENIOR AGENT for the ATF that is telling us something different than what I am trying to submit

+++++++++++++++disclaimer:none of this post is directed to any certain individual++++++++++++
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

She was pissed that I said We only needed items in the envelope, she calls agent in Nashville ......

......And the POINT is we have a SENIOR AGENT for the ATF that is telling us something different than what I am trying to submit

+++++++++++++++disclaimer:none of this post is directed to any certain individual++++++++++++
View Quote

Or you could just call the ATF FFLC yourself.

Calling a local ATF "office" for advice is the last thing you should do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The one thing I know is total BS is being at the location 100% of the time otherwise every big 5, would go to jail, everyone at cabelas would be in jail, the local pawn shop, they would be in jail.

Everything else I know is BS but cannot truly comment with lack of an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Or you could just call the ATF FFLC yourself.

Calling a local ATF "office" for advice is the last thing you should do.
View Quote

I agree

I called and left a message mid day, we will see...and he's not local....he's 3/4 a state away...and we have a LONGGGG state
thanks!!!! seems like FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSING CENTER 244 Needy Road Martinsburg, WV 25405 1-866-662-2750 (phone) 1-866-257-2749 (fax)

is a little different than some outcrop in Nashville TN....THANK YOU

See...Im learning
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#18]
There's so much fail going on here that it's hard to know where to start.  But for the "FFL holder has to be on the premises at all times" nonsense, let's just apply a little bit of logic.  FFLs can be (and routinely are) issued to corporations and LLCs.  By their nature, a corporation is incapable of being physically present anywhere, because it has no physical existence.  The example of the sporting goods manager at Walmart isn't a good one, because the FFL isn't in the manager's name--it's in Walmart's name.

Now, whether your secretary is asking the wrong questions, being told bad information, misunderstanding what she's being told, or some combination of any or all of the three, I don't know.  Talk to the FFL Center yourself and get your answers directly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There's so much fail going on here that it's hard to know where to start.  But for the "FFL holder has to be on the premises at all times" nonsense, let's just apply a little bit of logic.  FFLs can be (and routinely are) issued to corporations and LLCs.  By their nature, a corporation is incapable of being physically present anywhere, because it has no physical existence.  The example of the sporting goods manager at Walmart isn't a good one, because the FFL isn't in the manager's name--it's in Walmart's name.

Now, whether your secretary is asking the wrong questions, being told bad information, misunderstanding what she's being told, or some combination of any or all of the three, I don't know.  Talk to the FFL Center yourself and get your answers directly.
View Quote

You are correct, just got off the phone with WV and they said Nashville didn't have a clue

the owner called Nashville back and the "guy" Senior agent said "I may of given KC bad information" wtf?

SO we are dealing straight with the folks at WV

how could they even employ someone like that at the Nashville office?

SO thanks to everyone here we will be good to go in a few weeks
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
.... The example of the sporting goods manager at Walmart isn't a good one, because the FFL isn't in the manager's name--it's in Walmart's name...
View Quote

No, it's a fucking GREAT example. The sporting goods mgr. would be listed as a Responsible Person, as would the manager of any corporation that hold an FFL.

Whose name is on the FFL has fuck all to do with who is a Responsible Person.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Walmart is not a person.

I used to work at Academy. The store does not have an FFL. A store cannot have an FFL. An employee CAN have an FFL. In my case, the Academy where I worked, the store director (manager of the entire store) is the one who had the FFL.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I used to work at Academy. The store does not have an FFL. A store cannot have an FFL. An employee CAN have an FFL. In my case, the Academy where I worked, the store director (manager of the entire store) is the one who had the FFL.
View Quote
Wait, what?  I don't have an FFL nor does any of my staff.  My corporation has the FFL.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Walmart is not a person.

View Quote

Corporations and other legal entities which can conduct business may hold an FFL the FFL holder does not have to be a natural person.

Natural persons can be named as responsible persons on the FFL, and there must be at least one RP.  In the case of an individual FFL, the individual holding the FFL is an RP, but others can be added to it, as well.  Not all employees have to be RPs if they are not substantially involved in the business other than as employees.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#25]

anybody on the planet can order that BOOK
and have it mailed directly to themselves... kool
get the book  IT's easyer to read  that E-BOOK
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

that book is a oh I meant

that "white" book has privilege

a "friend" said get the yellow book...easier to read

I think he is fawkin with me (he's old and makes the AA12...damn I always have to shoot it when I go to his shop ))

we spent thursday "talking guns and screwing around with his hi-speed camera...pretty cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top