Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2014 11:10:02 PM EDT
4473 as "other" or handgun? It's a Berreta lower half.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The frame is the gun, regular old 4473.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not what he's asking.

OP read the instructionson the 4473.
A frame or receiver is an "Other"
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well he said it was a handgun frame. Unless it is virgin and can be made into a rifle it must transfer as a handgun.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
This has been a complete handgun previously. The selling party for whatever reason separates the slide assembly from the frame and sells them on two different sites.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
"other"

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well he said it was a handgun frame. Unless it is virgin and can be made into a rifle it must transfer as a handgun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Not a complete firearm at the time of transfer so it transfers as other.  What it can or cannot be made into has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nope.  Not a complete firearm at the time of transfer so it transfers as other.  What it can or cannot be made into has absolutely nothing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You all do what you want, if I do a transfer like that it's going down as a handgun.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Read the instructions on the 4473, they're pretty clear and RenegadeX was kind enough to post them.

ETA: by your logic of it being able to be built as a rifle, any pistol can legally converted into a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok then for the sake of argument. What Beretta handgun frame can be converted to a rifle? Marking it down as "other" or "pistol" makes no difference. I suppose unless you live in a state where you have to get special permission to buy a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You all do what you want, if I do a transfer like that it's going down as a handgun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you will be doing it WRONG!  

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok then for the sake of argument. What Beretta handgun frame can be converted to a rifle? Marking it down as "other" or "pistol" makes no difference. I suppose unless you live in a state where you have to get special permission to buy a handgun.
View Quote

92 and PX4 can both be converted with a KPOS or Roni.  Or you could DIY.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You all follow ATF instructions, if I do a transfer like that it's going down as a handgun.

View Quote

Fixed your post.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#13]
From a legal stand point, I would think it really doesn't matter if you check other, pistol or both, in that it requires the purchaser to be at least 21 y/o. Personally, I would check other as that's the way it came in and ultimately went out.  
This brings up another question, but I'll start a new thread and not pirate this one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it can be made into a rifle so by your own logic it can transfer as other.

Your mistake was in thinking rifles had to be built from virgin receivers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top