Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2014 11:22:35 PM EDT
Customer has approved Form 1 for SBS or SBS and wants me to build the existing firearm into the approved NFA configuration. He would rather have my company name engraved on it instead of his trust/individual name. Can this be done legally and is a Form 3311.4 (Application for Alternate Means of Identification of Firearm) the correct form to facilitate that? Reading the instructions for the form doesn't mention this particular situation, so any help appreciated.

Also, since tax has already been paid on the Form 1, will I still be liable for excise tax on this firearm (with my company as marked manufacturer) if I go over the reduced SOT limit?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
He should have thought of that BEFORE applying for a F1. ATF is not going to approve a marking variance for a non-licensee. The form you are talking about is for two FFLs.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#2]
That is what I deduced from it, but wanted to make sure. I appreciate the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top