Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 1:07:24 PM EDT
Ref. this for back ground of why 07 how many prototypes

Okay I have another couple questions

The out side sales person that was tasked with getting our 07 back, has failed? She has stuff so screwed up my boss handed me a 3 inch stack of crap

She has no idea what a firearm is or what end the bullet comes out.

Due to stuff like this:

1) We need to pay and have a water table survey done, before we can get our license (I will still call BS on this one, I know to many individuals with 07's at home)

2)everyone in shop has to have a SOT2, so we need to buy 25 $200 stamp thingies (THINGIES BS they are employees of the holder of 07 and S02)

3)we do not have to pay ITARS because we are a small company (pretty sure from my reading that we need to pay this tax)

4)long list of EPA crap (still calling BS on the ATF even giving a shit about this)

5)must serial number all parts of the gun (BS only need frame done to ATF specs, she argued pretty hard about this, when I mentioned pins and screws....she ran in front of a car at night and just stared at me hollow eyed)

So I am starting from scratch tomorrow, with a simple call to Knoxville office, seems like closest office

She talked for over 1/2 hr of bat crazy shit, I don't know who she has been talking to at the ATF branch that fucked up her simple mind so much

The red is my comments

so help me out:

What should I start reading today?

Thank you

Just venting I guess
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What should I start reading today?
View Quote

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/become-an-ffl.html

Read everything on FFLs there at the licensing center, especially the regulations reference guide.

Specific questions about manufacturing may not be covered there but it'll get you started.

You might end up having to get a water table survey and possibly other arcane stuff done if that's a local or state requirement for your type of business and zoning, but it's not specific to getting a manufacturer FFL - the ATF just requires you to be in compliance with all local, state and federal requirements for your business.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reading,

I actually just found out we need to "re-new" our old 07, that lapsed 2 years ago, we don't "need a new" license

I will start over and read what you posted, thank you again
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
wow this is more dicked up than I thought

I will update this thread just because I need to vent and pull hair out

okay first 1/2 inch of this pile is all the info you would ever need....to become a gunsmith ...yes a gunsmith...she argued that we were not manufacturing firearms, because we are going to be gunsmiths...I almost yelled WTF

she proudly pulls out tax & trade bureau gunsmith information/FAET and points to page 1 at the bottom, there is a very general definition of "manufacturing"  I rolled my eyes

I felt like I need to go and lick windows!!! I damn near yelled, did you read the whole damn thing?, that is a definition...argh....

My boss just left my office laughing

we will be manufacturing from billet, all parts

sorry for rant

here is pile o' crap

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
ATF website says I need:

Necessary materials

ATF F 5310.12 form 7

ATF F 5330.20 C of C

2 completed FD-258 finger print cards

2 2x2 photos of RP responsible person

and of course the Application Fee

no mention of ATF F 5000.29 (found ref archived here on ar15)

and

ATF F 5000.30  (found ref archived here on ar15) being required specifically

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
maybe the FFL123 kit would help.............................
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
maybe the FFL123 kit would help.............................
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't need the 123kit, I read that thread and I am just following the ATF site now, not hard just a few pcs of paper to fill out, thanks for help

She didn't have a clue what was going one and had the balls to argue with me about my "simple" process...I looked at my boss and "fuck it" since she knows all that is...she can do it" and dropped my simple list on the desk

and I walked out of his office

So we are meeting with zoning and industrial park folks tomorrow (me and the owner)

He realized she is Krazy eyed

thanks for the guidance so far, I'll be back I am sure
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang, most FFL's don't see that level of drama until after the license gets issued.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dang, most FFL's don't see that level of drama until after the license gets issued.
View Quote

I have been here 21 years and she has brought drama for 12 of those if there isn't an emergency...she creates one so she can save the day...and believe it or not...sometimes she fails she has been removed from this project
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top