Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 6:38:26 PM EDT
I'm selling a Costa on GB, what's the least risky carrier and method to get it to their FFL?

I was thinking UPS but wanted an opinion from y'all since you've got more experience dealing with higher end stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
FedEx..send it over nite. I know guys that deal in NFA and its nothing to ship 20-30k HKs and M16s all over,,they dont think twice about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
ups
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FedEx..Insure it for double and send it over nite. I know guys that deal in NFA and its nothing to ship 20-30k HKs and M16s all over,,they dont think twice about it.
View Quote

How picky are they on packaging? Can I just send it in a Pelican or will it need to be triple layer styrofoam/cardboard if I'd ever dream of being paid on a claim?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Fedex Ground has been my go to for shipping firearms of late.  

You need to box it to deter theft, don't ship it in a rifle case alone.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How picky are they on packaging? Can I just send it in a Pelican or will it need to be triple layer styrofoam/cardboard if I'd ever dream of being paid on a claim?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FedEx..Insure it for double and send it over nite. I know guys that deal in NFA and its nothing to ship 20-30k HKs and M16s all over,,they dont think twice about it.

I wouldnt just send a pelican case. id get cardboard box for pelican case,,what we did for the NFA stuff was ship in plastic cheap gun case and put tags thru the hole that can only be cut off, so we know if someone tampers with it.

Something similar.........
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
USPS/Registered is the best protection.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is because we ship it USPS/Registered and fully insured. Just got in a $35K Colt M16 NIB today that way.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember to pack it well. I just got paid from Fed Ex on a broken rifle stock (crushed toe) and it was packed like crap! If you send it USPS registered it must be signed for the whole way and that person is responsible for it. This is how I shipped the last three $8,500 Uzi's I sold.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]
USPS
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FedEx..Insure it for double .....
View Quote

I take it that you think this would result in an $8000 check if the gun was lost or stolen.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Remember to pack it well. I just got paid from Fed Ex on a broken rifle stock (crushed toe) and it was packed like crap! If you send it USPS registered it must be signed for the whole way and that person is responsible for it. This is how I shipped the last three $8,500 Uzi's I sold.
View Quote

Were you the shipper or receiver for the Fed Ex package? My biggest concern is getting paid if they damage or lose it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is because we ship it USPS/Registered and fully insured. Just got in a $35K Colt M16 NIB today that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like registered may be the way to go, I like accountability.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm selling a Costa on GB, what's the least risky carrier and method to get it to their FFL?

I was thinking UPS but wanted an opinion from y'all since you've got more experience dealing with higher end stuff.
View Quote

It was most likely shipped by UPS ground when LT shipped it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you actually care about it getting there, or at least getting a proper insurance payout if it's lost, then send it USPS Registered.

High dollar insured fedex or ups overnight will be faster, but not safer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I take it that you think this would result in an $8000 check if the gun was lost or stolen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I laughed at that one too. OP should insure it for triple and HOPE it gets lost. =)
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I laughed at that one too. OP should insure it for triple and HOPE it gets lost. =)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already seen it work with non-firearm related item,  insurance is cheap compared to the alternative.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Already seen it work with non-firearm related item,  insurance is cheap compared to the alternative. Might not work all the time but it certainly worth a shot if an item is lost or damaged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already seen it work with non-firearm related item,  insurance is cheap compared to the alternative. Might not work all the time but it certainly worth a shot if an item is lost or damaged.

It's called fraud.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's called fraud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's called fraud.

Wasnt me ,but  seemed to workout for someone else but it couldve been special circumstances, I have no idea.

So as disclaimer = OP ignore my advice.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]
FedEx Ground with tracking & signature required = never lost a long gun nor had damage in 7 years, thousands of shipments.   Long guns get 4 inches of bubble wrap and are placed in a double-wall cardboard box.  

USPS Priority Mail with red label signature required = never lost a hand gun nor had damage in 7 years, thousands of shipments.   Hand Guns get 4 inches of bubble wrap and go in the FREE priority mail boxes that our tax dollars pay for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top