Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2014 6:50:34 PM EDT
OK, so I am a home-based FFL/SOT who is moving to a new home. I have the 5300.38 for my FFL but my questions are with the SOT aspect.

The 5630.7 is straightforward enough, however the instructions state that a 5630.6A is also required. What is the 5630.6A and where in the hell do you find it? Also on the 5630.7, what do you indicate in Section II regarding the tax computation and the “tax due” (11e)? Do I need to pay the 2014 tax again?

Do other FFL's typically submit any of this paperwork prior to closing, or wait until everything is final with the house?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm under the idea that any address change is a new application, therefore a new fee.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm under the idea that any address change is a new application, therefore a new fee.
View Quote

You are flt wrong about that. If you chage your FFL address your expiration date does not change, nor is there a fee to amend your license.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#3]
So just each address needs its own ffl, and a change of address is just a change on your original ffl then?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So just each address needs its own ffl, and a change of address is just a change on your original ffl then?
View Quote

An FFL only covers one premises.
If you move you fill out ATF Form 5300.38 — Application For An Amended Federal Firearms License.
You cannot conduct firearm transactions at the new address until your updated FFL is in hand.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you move you fill out ATF Form 5300.38 — Application For An Amended Federal Firearms License.
You cannot conduct firearm transactions at the new address until your updated FFL is in hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long does that usually take? I plan on getting it at home first and then once I find the right spot and feel comfortable making the leap changing to a storefront.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How long does that usually take? I plan on getting it at home first and then once I find the right spot and feel comfortable making the leap changing to a storefront.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My address change took two months from the time ATF received the 5300.38..............ATF asks for 30 days prior to the move.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What is the 5630.6A and where in the hell do you find it?
View Quote

Duh...after scouring the net and calling the NFA branch and talking with folks/leaving messages, I finally realized while looking at my 2014 SOT form, the ACTUAL SOT FORM is the 5630.6A.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My address change took two months from the time ATF received the 5300.38..............ATF asks for 30 days prior to the move.
View Quote

I just submitted my change of address this week.
The ex was allowing me to continue transfers at the old place through the spring and summer til she had a contractor lined up for the renovations to the space
Getting my new location through the zoning board, code enforcement and contractors dragged on.There was no way to know when "30 days prior" was going to fall for me.
I opted to simply move stuff in last week and cease operations til I get approved at the new place
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top