Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2014 8:17:14 PM EDT
I have had my FFL since the early 2000s, been through the end of the ban, the first panic, the buyers market following it, the second panic, the current buyers market, the neck bearding, etc.

I had a local AR manufacturer (Company A) fuck me on a .22 pistol early on and I learned my lesson about their business model and customer service (if you are a low number sales vendor). I however still bought barrels from them now and then because they did make those very well.

About January of this year (panic in full swing) Company A sent out an email stating they were not taking anymore orders if you had not purchased any complete rifles in the past 6 months.

I read the email and in my head I was like "OK, off to find a new barrel manufacture" and "screw you your rifles have a bad rep and low resale value"

I found another manufacturer (Company B)  who has better rifling and shipped quick-ish (even during the panic), the only issue they are 5+ hours away as opposed to 1.5 (UPS is now my friend and brings biscuits to my dog every time).

Fast forward to today, I get three emails within 5 minutes of each other from Company A basically begging me to buy their crap-ass proprietary pistol caliber uppers and mags.      

Buyers market is catching up with them and it is the vendors turn (which feels odd). I remember what it feels like to have money tied up with nothing to sell and not to be able to get anything either. I wonder if having items sitting unsold on the shelves feels the same way?  

That is all, this Bro is done telling his cool story
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
They had the chance to keep you as a customer and they pissed it away.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya. As far as I'm concerned, R-Guns can choke on a bag of rotten bum dicks.  Don't be afraid to call them out by name.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hear ya. As far as I'm concerned, R-Guns can choke on a bag of rotten bum dicks.  Don't be afraid to call them out by name.
View Quote

There are two FFL's by that name, one in IL and the other in TX.  The one in IL has had a bad rep for many years.

OP I'm surprised that you haven't noted that many manufacturers and distributors are cold-calling now, trying to drum up sales.  Summer is normally slow anyway, this year it's really bad.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There are two FFL's by that name, one in IL and the other in TX.  The one in IL has had a bad rep for many years.

OP I'm surprised that you haven't noted that many manufacturers and distributors are cold-calling now, trying to drum up sales.  Summer is normally slow anyway, this year it's really bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IL of course. Also, I've heard sales are especially slow in Marfa, Tx.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be sure to tell Company A why you've moved on to another supplier, they deserve to know.

If someone fucks me over I make sure to do the same when the shoe's on the other foot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#6]
It's ok. Everyone knows Olympic sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top