Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2014 4:13:07 PM EDT
On 04MAR14Live in CT, ATF agent was very friendly and I did not feel like I was grilled at all. Read some horror stories online, but mine went fine. Package was mailed to Martinsburg two days latter. Any idea when my license will actually show up? He said they are a little behind b/c of the wx this winter. Anyone in CT want to give me some pointers for starting out in CT? He called my Chief of police (who has no problem w/ me doing this) and my town zoning (who also has no issues w/ me). He said CT has had an up tic in applications. They think it is because of the new CT laws. I am a sole proprietor.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine went the same way, friendly guy, went very well. Told me everything looked good BUT.... As soon as I sent him, my website address, a copy of my state tax stamp, and a copy of my LLC paper work he would send in the paper work for my license. He wanted to make sure that I wanted to do this as a business and not to build up my own inventory. After that I think it took about 3 to 4 weeks to get the actual license.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Humm...I am a sole proprietor so I didn't have to deal with that stuff. I asked him what the ratio was in his opinion, he said about 70% of applications are SP vs. LLC. We have been in contact since the interview and he told me everything was already mailed out so he hoped I didn't want any changes. I am guessing ~4 weeks. I will post when I do get it so others can compare my time vs. historical times. He didn't shy away about the "enhancing" my personal collection subject. He had no interest in what I already had either. Zero. He said basically "we are not stupid, we know you will buy guns for yourself occasionally" and told me the ins and outs of doing that. He really emphasized two things: keep you records up to date and accurate and CALL if ever in doubt...get the info straight from them. I am a little pumped because where I live there are very few options for local gun owners. I must have 50 people literally waiting for me to be completely legit so they can get some stuff they want. I am definitely in it to make some $$$. I know I won't get rich, but every buck counts today. 3 kids and 2 grandkids to help out. Thanks for your info.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats, good luck this state sucks lol. If anything just really watch all the CT laws and all the new state stuff.

Like it wasn't till a few weeks ago that I found out the Taurus circuit judge is an AW.  

Never sold any but came close to taking one in on a trade a few months ago and I'm  glad I didn't. But supposedly the guy
bought it at Dicks so no one knows these F'in laws I guess.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:52:38 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, just got the FFL in the mail yesterday (21APR14). Just under 4 months beginning to end for the FFL process. Now I must register with the state. Talked to the CT Dept of Public Safety person who handles it. She is mailing me some forms. I have to have the Chief of Police sign it (no prob there) and the town zoning person (should not be an issue), then I am all set. I will feel better when all that is done. I think I know CT laws pretty good but I need to make sure everything I do is legal. If there is an CT FFL holder in CT that want's to help me a little that would be great. I am in south east Ct and don't want to cut into anyone's territory but I do want to make a few bucks and help my fellow gun owners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top