Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 10:31:34 AM EDT
I went up to my favorite gun monger last night with the intention of trading in several pistols that I haven't shot in years towards an FN PS90. Maybe next time. :D Came home with this instead:

So far, I'm really impressed with the ergonomics and as a southpaw, I love it's near-total ambidextrous design. I field stripped it and swapped the charging handle to the right side.

Now to figure out what kind of optic I want to mount. Leaning towards a low power variable since IME some magnification helps beyond 100 yards.

This is my first bullpup, unless you count a Beretta CX-4 Storm, which is sorta one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I had to cancel an order with Pete for another AUG due to college costs but I keep thinking I'd like a new something and keep coming back to this.

Care to share the selling price? GB has them all over the place.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to cancel an order with Pete for another AUG due to college costs but I keep thinking I'd like a new something and keep coming back to this.

Care to share the selling price? GB has them all over the place.

Thanks
View Quote
The seller was asking $950. I got $1,000 on my trade-ins so I came home with the RDB and 500 rounds of CCI .22 Short HV, which I shoot in my Remington 550-1.

He said it was only the second RDB he'd been able to get in.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one off GB for about $920 including shipping, insurance, and CC fees. I think I could have gotten it for $900 by looking harder.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I love mine. It is not a tack driver but suppressed and with a scope is plenty accurate and a blast to shoot. I have a Nikon prostaff scope. The really cool thing is it includes software that creates the bdc ranges for your ammo. So you can get good ranging with software.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Classic Firearms seems to get them in (and sell them out) pretty regularly - sign up for their product notification.  $899.99 + S/H last time I looked, so right inline with the $920-ish number mentioned earlier.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I decided on an optic: an IOR Valdada 3x25mm CQB scope that was previously mounted on my Colt 6721. It has very clear optics, I like the reticle, which is illuminated, and I've used it out to 200 yards (my range's limit). It's built like a brick shithouse, so I'm not going to worry about BUIS.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Good price OP. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I myself am new to the rdb. I have shot it suppressed but still not sure how i feel about the gun. I used a red dot on it, apparently my astigmatism and red dot dont mix and i had terrible groups. I did just get a primary arms 2.5x prism scope and ill give it a second try. They were on sale last week for 159 shipped and it arrived today. I will give it another go.

I got mine in fde for 960 from Selway armory during the tent sale they had a couple weeks ago, only one they had. Really wanted od green. Was a tough decision and was disappointed with how loud it  was at the range but im waiting to pass judgement till i shoot it in the woods without a roof over my head. My brother is wrong handed and is hoping i dont like it so he can buy it from me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Well i think its a keeper, i shot it out in the mountains. Suppressed and unsuppressed and shot it next to my brothers suppressed sbr. His rang my ears a little on the right side. The rdb did not ring my ears but is still loud. But i think from what iv seen it might be the quietest semi auto platform when using full power cartridges unless the HK93 is quieter. Also seems accurate enough, as good or better than an ak. The primary arms 2.5 prism scope is win! Its a nice compact setup that has no problems hitting what you want out to 300 yards. Did have one odd malfunction though, bolt locked back when there was still two rounds in the magazine. Happened to my brother but he is wrong handed so im sure that accounts for it
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
My RDB is no louder than my SBR AR's unsuppressed and quieter suppressed.  I have my RDB for a couple of years and many thousands of rounds, its my favorite bullpup and i have owned a few
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top