Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with 44Mag.com

Salad days are not just for AR magazines. 44Mag.com has some great prices ($20) for factory 30 & 42 round magazines and sub $20 for the AUS Pmag.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You've got a bunch of Magpul AUG mags. I finally got some and I'm not awed by them. I don't need more AUG mags, but I think if I did, I'd continue to buy steyr mags even with Magpul making AUG magazines. What's your opinion?

And that is a great price for Steyr mags.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
At last count I had 60 ish of the factory AUG magazines (about 20 of them are the 42s) and 10 PMAGS. I bought and painted the AUS PMAGS just to check them out. They are good magazines and work fine, but when Factory magazines are only 1-2 dollars more , it doesn't make any sense to buy the PMAGS unless you are just starting out and want to save some money by buying in volume. I still use and shoot the AUS PMAGS, but just for range use. Factory magazines are the ones I keep loaded with high performance ammunition.

Either way, $20 for factory magazines is hard to beat. Too bad I don't need any more. ( I think!)
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
According to Magpul, the main advantages of the AUG Pmag are that it corrects the issue with the top round sometimes popping up when the mag is inserted hard on an open bolt, and that the material handles extreme temps better than the Steyr mag
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Just for the record.....I sent Magpul an email asking if they had considered making a 42 round mag.  They said not at this time.  

You really can't beat the price from 44mag
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I am the only guy MUCH prefers the magpul AUG mag to the OEM.  If you smack an OEM AUG mag into the mag well, you can pop a round free into the action and really muck things up.  Not ALL AUG mags do this...but ALL of mine do.

PMAGS?  I can seat 'em with a hammer and I have never had a round pop on me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I can get a round to jump on a couple of my Steyr mags if I try really hard. The thing is, there is zero reason to slam in an AUG mag like is common with AR mags
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a thread about a year ago where I loaded and dropped or gave a hard slap to the bottom of factory and magpul magazines. In almost all cases I had 1-3 rounds jump. As others have stated, there's no need to load an AUG like you do an M4. If you drop a magazine on the ground (and anyone who engages in realistic training will) expect to lose a round or two or st the minimum to have the top round come half way out of the feed lips.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Weren't the Steyr AUG mags something like $7 a little while ago?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think so.

I picked up some from manventure outpost for maybe $16ish a few years ago but they don't have anymore.

I only have a NATO aug now though and all my factory mags have been traded off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
No.

They were $6.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Must......resist.......
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No.

They were $6.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

They were $6.
I would not be able to resist getting 20 at that price - even with my current stash.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Is anyone still selling them for that?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
For $6? Nope, never going to see that again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awh, never say never.....

I bought a bunch when they were ... what 14.00. And everybody said they would never be that low again.....

I bought a box full, but I would buy more if cheap enough.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I bought a bunch when they were ... what 14.00. And everybody said they would never be that low again.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And ultimately that was the intent of my thread. It's a buyers market right now. If you have the cash and don't have a tall pile of magazines buy some. The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is NOW!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked up a few from them. Really wish they had 10 rounders on/for sale.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy cheap, stack deep, but remember where you put your stuff...
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:28:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm at 30 magazines...

back when it was 6 bucks each.

no mas
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Was that when CDNN liquidated the inventory after the fake news about Steyr supplying the HS50s to Iran?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#21]
No, at the time, it was claimed a distributor bought all of them in the country out of fear of impending legislation that never came. I was a moron for not buying 1,000 of them. As soon as they sold out, prices tripled.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top