Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/1/2017 5:39:16 PM EDT
Any new info about this coming to market?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any new info about this coming to market?
View Quote

Nope.

My dealer hasn't heard anything either.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I e-mailed Lithgow once in June, and once in July, neither of which garnered a reply.  Also in June, I submitted my contact information via their pre-order link, and received nothing.  On 25 June I e-mailed Josh Whi.  He replied on 5 July stating the MSRP is to be $1999, the rifle is to hit the US market in September, and he had my name on the pre-order list.  Other than that, I got nothing.

With the 'pup market growing, and in light of the tension wrought by Desert Tech's MDR, I can't imagine Lithgow believes their silence is a step in the right direction.  There seems to be genuine interest for the Atrax in the 'pup community, and if Lithgow is going to import, they should be giving something, anything, to the public.  I am not a marketing whiz, but I am sure if I had something I wanted folks to buy, I'd be putting out everything I could.

Aaron
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Communications is very important.  I feel like the likes of Steyr are being left in the dust here.  I never see any Steyr advertising and rarely see them "in the wild".  At that kind of cost I think that most are going to pass on the ATRAX.  It sound cool but why spend that money when you can get something like a Tavor or RDB for far less money.  

I bought an AUG but did so because I've always wanted it not because it was a smart financial decision lol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
In the realm of 'pups, the AUG has always been my favorite, though I have yet to own one.  They are elegantly ugly, poorly marketed, but possess a formidable track record for reliability.  They are nearly non-existent in my area, however, with dealers willing to order, but not stock them.  I've only handled two in my life, and I found their balance to be better than any rifle I had, or have, handled.  The Tavor and X95 can be had at any shop I frequent.  As a result, the one 'pup I have owned was a Tavor.  I had buyer's remorse the moment I paid for it.  Sold it about two weeks later.  Thought I'd grab an AUG, but wound up moving to shotguns.  No idea how or why that happened, but, I can be flighty at the best of times.  So, now I want to add a rifle to my stable, and a 'pup is the platform I want; AR/AK just does nothing for me nowadays.  When I discovered the Atrax, I was pretty stoked.  AUG-like, yet possessing features that set it aside from it's predecessor; brass deflector, lower rail so the user can choose grip/bipod, and a form that rises to meet the top rail that gives the Atrax a cleaner profile than a raised rail on the AUG/Tavor/X95.  

Bottom line, I have every intention of purchasing an Atrax...provided they are more than vaporware LOL
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If the trigger on the ATRAX is a good improvement on the AUG...should be lighter and more accurate.....and it has a brass deflector....I'll never know why Steyer never figured out how to put a brass deflector on their AUG...good thing somebody did it
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Pre order is up at Lithgow Arms...ships in September 2017

http://www.lithgowarms.com/
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot it at this event last year

It feels a little bit lighter than my Styer AUG A3. The trigger is about the same. Both samples are full-auto capable.

I believe the long wait is for the US made parts be ready. The gun will be assembled in the USA with both US and Aussie parts. The company that will be doing the work is actually a US branch of a big S. Korean defense company that is officially licensed by Lithgow (Thalas actually, Lithgow is just a brand name) to manufacturing the F90 for both .mil/LE and commercial market.    

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pre order is up at Lithgow Arms...ships in September 2017

http://www.lithgowarms.com/
View Quote
Where are you getting the ship date? At least on the Mobile version of that site I'm not seeing it and the pre order link has been up for a long time I think. I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Where are you getting the ship date? At least on the Mobile version of that site I'm not seeing it and the pre order link has been up for a long time I think. I could be wrong though.
View Quote
It was on the Firearms Blog...same place e I got that link.  I don't know how accurate that info is though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
If it looks like the one on the Lithgow page....and the one pictured in this thread....

I want one.

If it looks like that HIDEOUS abortion in the other thread.....I'll eat my own FOOT before you could even give me one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If it looks like the one on the Lithgow page....and the one pictured in this thread....

I want one.

If it looks like that HIDEOUS abortion in the other thread.....I'll eat my own FOOT before you could even give me one.
View Quote
Last year during their YouTube whirlwind blitz it was the one from the lithgow page. I think that's what we are getting. The one they had all the youtubers play with was a full auto so since it was just some sample the ATF let in I don't see why they wouldn't have brought in a full auto of the AR mag version if that's what they were planning on selling here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
$1990.00 MSRP puts it too close to AUG pricing. I was hoping they would sell around $1500.00 range. Maybe if they release the export model.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$1990.00 MSRP puts it too close to AUG pricing. I was hoping they would sell around $1500.00 range. Maybe if they release the export model.
View Quote
Considering that it's an improved AUG, what's the issue with that?
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
This!

I'll never understand that line of thinking.."I want an item that's better than the current item on the market, but I'm surprised they charge the same or more for it..."
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This!

I'll never understand that line of thinking.."I want an item that's better than the current item on the market, but I'm surprised they charge the same or more for it..."
View Quote
I'd imagine that modern manuf processes would decrease the cost of building these compared to a 40 year old design, it seems something like removing the required machining necessary for the quick change barrl of the AUG from the build of the ATRAX would drive the cost down somewhat.  I think they're charging what they think the market will support but IMO they need to get down closer to Tavor (1600 dollars or so right now?) pricing to be competitive in the current firearms market in the US which appears to me to be a buyer's market right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think they're charging what they think the market will support but IMO they need to get down closer to Tavor (1600 dollars or so right now?) pricing to be competitive in the current firearms market in the US which appears to me to be a buyer's market right now.
View Quote
Tavor msrp is $1,999... https://iwi.us/product/tavor-sar-556-w16-barrel/
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
But current market price isn't that high.  At least not around here.  I'll just have to see what the F90 is priced at once it actually hits the stores.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]
yea i have seen the x95 atleast going for 1500 pretty frequently
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But current market price isn't that high.  At least not around here.  I'll just have to see what the F90 is priced at once it actually hits the stores.
View Quote
Apples and oranges. The Tavors have been on the market for years and the market has had time to settle.

The AUG has been out for decades and has maintained its higher price point because of its quality, features, and mystique.

The F90 is a product improved derivative of the AUG that will likely be available in somewhat limited quantities early on and thus will be at a higher price point for at least a time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Josh stated in his 5 July e-mail the release month was September, provided all parts passed muster, MSRP was to be $1999, and there was no definite number, at that time, of the number of rifles that will initially be available.  Given the market and competition, the price may be a bit lower, but that could be offset by demand that exceeds availability.  My fingers are crossed that September sees the Atrax come to fruition, and I get an e-mail or call from Lithgow asking me to complete my pre-order request.  I cannot recall the last time I was this interested in a firearm release.  Beretta PX4 Compact, maybe.  Yes, it's been a while.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was hoping for around $1500.00, or less, the days I spend $2000.00 on a range toy are over.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was hoping for around $1500.00, or less, the days I spend $2000.00 on a range toy are over.
View Quote
Fuck it. I am going to spend about 2.5k on a MP5SD.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Man, I'm jealous that you've been able to do that in the past LOL.  I know I'm in the minority of firearms owners, but I have never purchased a range toy.  Every firearm I have ever purchased had a specific purpose intended.  It's been a bit frustrating at times, as there have been a few firearms over the years that I believed might have been great fun on the range, but I could never convince myself to drop the coin as that was money I felt better spent on gear, ammunition, etc; I confess I am a bit of a cheapskate.  My current set up is shotgun oriented, but I'd like to move to a rifle.  A bullpup is the route I want to go with the Atrax and AUG at the top of the list.  Provided it's reliable (and actually becomes available to the US market), The Atrax will become my new primary.  If it proves to be junk, I'll sell it and buy an AUG.  Win/win either way! :D
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck it. I am going to spend about 2.5k on a MP5SD.
View Quote
Dude....as much as I love MP5s....I think you'll find it a let down unless you just want a toy.  PCCs....for me, have been a big let down.

I sold my EVO for my AUG and have never once regretted that decision.

I keep thinking I want an SD, then I shoot one of my buddy's MP 5s and it just gets me kinda "Meh".
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lithgow is in theory going to be at Bullpup Shoot 2017 with demo ATRAX guns again, I am sure if they show up they will have updated info on a release date for the guns.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sven....can you ask them if we are getting the pretty one...or the ugly one?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
People who like Keltechs probably want the ugly one...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I want a tan ugly one
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

LOL, well I know that the earlier "pretty ones" were the samples provided to the ATF for importation approval, but I will confirm on which one they are bringing in (or if they are bringing in both models)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
As a person with a ton of AR mags who likes the idea of the X95 release but wants a better execution of that mag release, I am very curious about the "export" model.

The Internet can crow about how superior AUG mags are all they want, it's a non-starter for me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LOL, well I know that the earlier "pretty ones" were the samples provided to the ATF for importation approval, but I will confirm on which one they are bringing in (or if they are bringing in both models)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lithgow is in theory going to be at Bullpup Shoot 2017 with demo ATRAX guns again, I am sure if they show up they will have updated info on a release date for the guns.

Sven
Manticore Arms
Sven....can you ask them if we are getting the pretty one...or the ugly one?

Sven
Manticore Arms
Thank you, Sven!  When is the shoot?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thank you, Sven!  When is the shoot?
View Quote
Thread on the shoot 9/9
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:46:12 AM EDT
[#33]
According to Manticore on FB, Lithgow said November for shipment to dealers and consumers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I heard the same. Waiting on U.S. made parts (at least that's what I think I heard, tough having conversations over the sound of machine gun fire ) and production should wrap up in October. Guns shipped out in November.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#36]
They're shipping select-fire guns now right? Who is the rep for agency sales?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Not an FBer. Any word on a price or is it msrp ~$1999?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Did they let people shoot it at the shoot? If so impressions?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Manticore: Did they tell you whether it will be the ugly version or the pretty one?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#46]
^ That's the one I want
F90MBR.  Hope that stockset is a option.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
^ That's the one I want
F90MBR.  Hope that stockset is a option.
View Quote
You are a strange individual.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Fanfuckingtastic. This is the ONE Bullpup I want in my life.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Nope, nope , nope....No

dont like the look etc..
I prefer Aug mags on this
hope they come out with the stock that accepts Aug mags
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top