Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 7:22:48 PM EDT
I have been having a lot of trouble with the Manticore Switchback Charging handle for the Tavor SAR. I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.

My handle has a lot of play near the handle section and runs against the gas block, and also scrapes the plastic guide slot, removing a lot of material from both. On top of that, even using blue loctite, the screws "walk" out and leave the handle with even more play, to the point where it won't lock forward. I have lost one of the original screws and now just lost the my spare. They literally just fall out while firing. Again, I loctite everything.

My Charging group slides straight out, no bending. On top of that, the rod itself doesn't appear bent. I'm not sure what is going on.

I've been trying to contact Manticore for months, but they won't return my emails or calls.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have been having a lot of trouble with the Manticore Switchback Charging handle for the Tavor SAR. I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.

My handle has a lot of play near the handle section and runs against the gas block, and also scrapes the plastic guide slot, removing a lot of material from both. On top of that, even using blue loctite, the screws "walk" out and leave the handle with even more play, to the point where it won't lock forward. I have lost one of the original screws and now just lost the my spare. They literally just fall out while firing. Again, I loctite everything.
View Quote

Mine does the parts in red, but I have never had the screws back out on me.

Don't worry, Sven will take care of you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I left a message earlier today with a callback number, so that should work.

I was last told to send the pictures of the problem to [email protected]

If that email didn't get through, I'll send some pictures with the handle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Update:

I now have my new handle and it is a night and day difference from the original. That said, the original ran smoothly for about two months, so I will keep a close eye on the new one.

As I understand, the  problem was  a combination tolerance issue, with both the screw and the handle being just barely loose enough to slowly cause the issues described.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top