Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2017 7:13:31 PM EDT
Had some parts laying around so tried to come up with new light idea for the X95e. Used a LaRue Surefire mount, cable clips, hand stop and a Magpul pressure switch mount.
Had to flatten one side of the Magpul nuts to fit properly in the slots. Used needle nose pliers to help tighten the bolts.
Still not 100% with the hand stop but the pressure pad is not in the way if you grip the rifle normally.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what my old man did.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats pretty cool, I like the looks of it,  but 1) seems a bit awkward to activate there and 2) looks easy to unintentionally activate.

Ive been looking for a good way to mount an inforce wml or any other light that could attach at the 12 and off set intto that space above the 3 o'clock rail when you have the pannels on. Attachment Attached File

The idea is that i could activate it with my thumb, and that the light not protrude too much, or beyond the charging handle.

Id like to see something like what they did for the tavor and the integrated light/handguard or even a removable panel/light
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SR07 switch coming. I looked at mounting high without the covers but the hole spacing is wrong. I am also looking for a way to mount at the 45 degree point with the covers on as well.
I may end up with a Thorntail mount type setup.
It is a work in process.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It's actually really hard to activate it accidentally, and the switch is easy to reach if you have freakishly long monkey thumbs like we do.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
A couple of other options:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Putting a pressure switch mount on the factory cover will require alteration of the cover - not something I plan to do for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top