Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2017 7:54:43 PM EDT
a few month ago I had asked about replacing the ejector in my 20+ year old AUG-A1...https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/476371_.html

Well I ordered some replacement springs from Steyr and they arrived yesterday.

2- ejector springs
2- extractor spring assemblies
2- ejector roll pins (n/c-thanks Steyr)

my old ejector spring measured 25mm and the replacements came in at 30mm.  That's a huge difference (17%)!  It was a royal pain in the ass to install too because there was so much more tension than with my old spring.  And for some reason, neither of the new ejector roll pins would fit into the opening so I had to reuse the original, old, beat up one.  They were just too big around to fit (i know, that's what she said)

The extractor spring was also a lot stronger and look a lot of pressure to get the extractor back on but it was a piece of cake compared to the ejector.

I ran a bunch of snap caps and dummy rounds through it and noticed that the stronger ejector spring requires that the bolt be moving at full speed in order to chamber a round fully.  Before I used to be able to ride it slightly and it would chamber fine.  Now, I have to do an HK style, "smack the charging handle down and let it fly" motion.  Which is fine, because cases now come flying out like a rocket to about 4 o'clock
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant speak for roll pin size difference. But sometimes you can pre crush the starting end of the roll pin to get her to start. As long as your old one went in tight , your good to go. IMO WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
for visual reference

Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW!  That is a LOT of difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top