User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It tells that that out of the 90+ million gun owners in the US, and God knows how many in the rest of the world, that 1,203 like the post.  Not really a good barometer when you work the numbers...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow!  1,203 facebook likes at the time I'm posting this.   That ought to tell the factory what the buying public wants.
It tells that that out of the 90+ million gun owners in the US, and God knows how many in the rest of the world, that 1,203 like the post.  Not really a good barometer when you work the numbers...
Yet that number looks like about 4X more than the MDR's latest abortion of an update. Given they've had years (lol) to build their hype train I'd say IWI is off just fine. I'll probably end up with both assuming they live up to expectations so I hope they both do well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yet that number looks like about 4X more than the MDR's latest abortion of an update. Given they've had years (lol) to build their hype train I'd say IWI is off just fine. I'll probably end up with both assuming they live up to expectations so I hope they both do well.
View Quote
Given that even if the MDR gets rushed out the door, due to IWI smelling blood in the water, how many years will it take for DT to produce 1.203 rifles?

Also, has any company in the history of modern firearms manufacturing had the string of "bad" luck DT has?  There is just absolutely no way statistically speaking that they always fall short due to some unforeseen problem.  The most telling data point is that even if they are that unfortunate, there is not a snowballs' chance in hell that it is always in 2-3 week increments.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Facebook likes, whether you like it or not, are a major indication of desirability and demand.

Very few gun products get that many likes in such a short period.

Not a single past IWI post or product announcement got that many likes in their entirety.  I think the next closest was 500 likes.... and the 308 tavor is sitting at 1.1k likes and the first post sits at 1.5k likes.  You also have to consider the statistics, they have 30k followers.... lets work it to ratio of your 90m number you threw out... using the ratio of iwi's 30k members that is 5% that liked the product... convert this to the 90m gun owner ratios, that's 4.5m gun owners that would be interested in this product... or the whole NRA membership.

Those are numbers you can't ignore.

There is a reason why companies invests major money in social marketing.   If it really was only 1,500 members of the entire gun industry, no one would be spending a dime social marketing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Facebook likes, whether you like it or not, are a major indication of desirability and demand.

Very few gun products get that many likes in such a short period.

Not a single past IWI post or product announcement got that many likes in their entirety.  I think the next closest was 500 likes.... and the 308 tavor is sitting at 1.1k likes and the first post sits at 1.5k likes.  You also have to consider the statistics, they have 30k followers.... lets work it to ratio of your 90m number you threw out... using the ratio of iwi's 30k members that is 5% that liked the product... convert this to the 90m gun owner ratios, that's 4.5m gun owners that would be interested in this product... or the whole NRA membership.

Those are numbers you can't ignore.

There is a reason why companies invests major money in social marketing.   If it really was only 1,500 members of the entire gun industry, no one would be spending a dime social marketing.
View Quote
Plus the 30k followers wouldn't even be everyone who owns IWI products. If I recall correctly they sold 25k SARs the first year it came out. So it really is a good showing.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top