Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 4:36:01 PM EDT
Hey there guys, just got a killer deal from a buddy on a Tan Gen 4 STG556 That takes the Aug Mags. It was too good of a deal to pass up and got 15 mags with it. He never had a issue with it in about 1000 rounds.

I talked to Bill at Ratworx and am ordering a Hybrid Bolt and the Bolt Sleeve.  Is there anything else I need to be watching out for parts wise or issues that may pop up since they are out of business now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You've got the basics covered.  The only other thing you might keep your eyes open for is an E-4 stock with the updated magazine catch so you can also use AR mags with it.  However, be prepared for sticker shock, they aren't cheap.  MSAR owed me a fairly large sum and part of their "payment" was one of the latest generation E4 stocks...that had a MSRP of $600...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey there guys, just got a killer deal from a buddy on a Tan Gen 4 STG556 That takes the Aug Mags. It was too good of a deal to pass up and got 15 mags with it. He never had a issue with it in about 1000 rounds.

I talked to Bill at Ratworx and am ordering a Hybrid Bolt and the Bolt Sleeve.  Is there anything else I need to be watching out for parts wise or issues that may pop up since they are out of business now.
View Quote
They're still making the hybrid bolts? Cool!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The only trouble I have had with mine is a broken cocking pice. Ratwerks has them for $10. I would get a couple just to be safe.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
When did bill say the hybrid bolts be ready. I've been on list for like 2 years.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Hybrid bolt and sleeve is a smart purchase considering those  are probably the two most likely parts to fail. Ratworx parts are much higher quality than factory too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When did bill say the hybrid bolts be ready. I've been on list for like 2 years.
View Quote
Same here - been waiting for 2 left hand bolts. Need to confirm if this is correct ( I wonder if the OP was just placed on "the list").

ETA: the right hand bolts are listed on their web site - 5 in stock for $125 ea. No left hand bolts
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Ratworx has a bad habit of putting people on "wait lists", only to never contact them when the product becomes available.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Same here - been waiting for 2 left hand bolts. Need to confirm if this is correct ( I wonder if the OP was just placed on "the list").

ETA: the right hand bolts are listed on their web site - 5 in stock for $125 ea. No left hand bolts
View Quote
ETA#2: I called Ratworx about the bolts, basically - still in the works - "we will call you if / when they are ready". Not holding my breath though

If Steyr comes out with a non anniversary retro AUG, I will sell my MSAR and stash of parts to buy one of those......
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
So what was the deal?

Because it better be a hell of a deal to get me back into MSAR.
Keep an eye on your rifle.  Keep an eye on the internals.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
They actually sent me a email, they are pretty sure they have some hybrid bolts left over from last run but they are checking their inventory. They have bolt sleeves a few extra cam pins and they are looking to see if they have a firing pin for me as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing on the website and nothing on GunBroker. Called them and still in production. You sure it wasn't a Ratworx steyr hybrid bolt on the website??
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nothing on the website and nothing on GunBroker. Called them and still in production. You sure it wasn't a Ratworx steyr hybrid bolt on the website??
View Quote
My mistake - yes they are the Steyr hybrid bolts. Since they are saying the MSAR bolts are "still in production" - been saying that for years..... I wonder if we will ever see them?

But I'm on the "list" along with being on the "list" for the 20/20 MSAR trigger pack modification.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So what was the deal?

Because it better be a hell of a deal to get me back into MSAR.
Keep an eye on your rifle.  Keep an eye on the internals.
View Quote
CDNN cleared them out for just under $1K, would have to be around half that IMNSHO to be worth the headache - even then it's a pricey as hell orphan step-child.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top