Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 5:24:04 PM EDT
So after posting my thread on GD, I decided to get my dad an X95 for Father's Day.

I really like the MRO dots, and was wondering if these work very well for this rifle?

I was thinking about getting a low 1/3 mount, possibly Larue, or maybe just the one that comes factory.

This would be for range days with me and my old man shooting targets up to 100 yards.

Any input is appreciated.

I thought about just dumping one of my PROs on it but ever since I started using the MRO, those seem really big.

I also am on a budget, so I would rather not blow a lot of money on a T1 or T2.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Aimpoint micro on mine in an absolute cowitness Geissele mount and love it.

Im a fan of a low cheek weld though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You are going to want to get a small riser to go under the 1/3rd mount because the optic will sit lower than on an AR.  A half inch or quarter inch riser to go between the guns rail and the optics mount.  It isn't a must, but will make the cheek weld more comfortable.  I prefer battery powered optics because they don't wash out.

I have an X95, it has been 100% reliable and shoots 5 shot groups Sub 2-MOA despite what all the internet guys say.  It is a great weapon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are going to want to get a small riser to go under the 1/3rd mount because the optic will sit lower than on an AR.  A half inch or quarter inch riser to go between the guns rail and the optics mount.  It isn't a must, but will make the cheek weld more comfortable.  I prefer battery powered optics because they don't wash out.

I have an X95, it has been 100% reliable and shoots 5 shot groups Sub 2-MOA despite what all the internet guys say.  It is a great weapon.
View Quote
i'll get both, and see what dad likes better, and I'll keep mount that he doesn't like.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the MRO with the 1/3 mount ... gives me 100% co-witness with the built in iron sites
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i'll get both, and see what dad likes better, and I'll keep mount that he doesn't like.
View Quote
I meant you should get a riser to go between the optic rail and the optic mount. Aimpoint+ lower1/3rd mount + half inch riser.
A standard lower 1/3 mount on a tavor is still lower than it would be on an AR.  It's shootable without it, but the cheekweld is too high.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I meant you should get a riser to go between the optic rail and the optic mount. Aimpoint+ lower1/3rd mount + half inch riser.
A standard lower 1/3 mount on a tavor is still lower than it would be on an AR.  It's shootable without it, but the cheekweld is too high.
View Quote
i have a full size MRO mount already, would that be better?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
You'll want one size higher than you'd normally get on an AR. Like lower 1/3 end up cowitnessing, cowitness ends up being HK/low height, etc. If you want it to actually be lower 1/3 I'd guess you'd need a rider, if you do that MRO will look like a bigass lightbouse
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#8]
1/3 Larue felt too low. Threw that one on my SBR and used the full cowitness OEM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top