Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2017 10:27:24 AM EDT
I've always had an interest in the Steyr AUG family of rifles, even have owned a couple, but sold them, favoring instead the TAVOR, but ... this does have me intrigued. Lithgow is bringing the semi-auto version to the USA some time this Fall.

Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been discussed quite a few times. I plan to grab one.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too...especially if being able to go lefty.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely watching.  I hope it comes in that brown/green paint job from the EF88.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll patiently wait to buy one, but after all the drama over the years with other guns (not just the elephant in the room), there is no way I'll be putting a single dollar toward this until it's available for sale.

I'm done with deposits and especially with "group buys" where one ponies up and waits for years, only to save $100 over gunbroker.

In fact, now that I think about it, Desert Tech has down a huge disservice to newcomer gun companies, if Thales/Lithgow decides to ask for deposits/etc. they'll be seen in the same light as DT unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll patiently wait to buy one, but after all the drama over the years with other guns (not just the elephant in the room), there is no way I'll be putting a single dollar toward this until it's available for sale.

I'm done with deposits and especially with "group buys" where one ponies up and waits for years, only to save $100 over gunbroker.

In fact, now that I think about it, Desert Tech has down a huge disservice to newcomer gun companies, if Thales/Lithgow decides to ask for deposits/etc. they'll be seen in the same light as DT unfortunately.
View Quote
Difference being that Thales is a multi-billion dollar international defense conglomerate that doesn't need deposits to fund small projects.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Difference being that Thales is a multi-billion dollar international defense conglomerate that doesn't need deposits to fund small projects.
View Quote
Absolutely. And it's also a project that, at a minimum, is already developed and tested in full auto. That we know of, the semi auto version just needs ATF's blessing and after that you hand drawings and a stack of cash to a reputable company and say, "make this happen".

I'm reasonably sure that Thales will put out a great drama free product. I'm excited to get one. Been drooling over the F90 for years...
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm extremely interested in getting a 16 inch barrel F90. I'm not sure how long I want to wait. If it's still not here by fall I may just get a SCAR 16s.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
After owning an AUG and putting some rounds down range, I understand the changes that were made.  Venting, Optics rail attached to the barrel, 1:7 twist, just to name a few.  I'll wait to see how they execute the STANAG magazine option.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#9]
So want a F90 
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I just wish that the area where the rail meets the gas block didn't look like a bag of dicks and destroy the AUG aesthetic.  Removing the hook at the bottom of the stock is also a step back. That really helps with prone and bench shooting

I'm also curious how going to a fluted pencil barrel will affect accuracy
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]
^so the barrel is thinner than the aug barrel?^
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Personally I think the pic-rail being attached to the barrel is way more important than barrel thickness.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Personally I think the pic-rail being attached to the barrel is way more important than barrel thickness.
View Quote
If the pic rail is part of the receiver, and the barrel is not removable like the AUG, how would one change barrels?  They don't?  Or is it more like on the Tavor--doable, but requires work?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If the pic rail is part of the receiver, and the barrel is not removable like the AUG, how would one change barrels?  They don't?  Or is it more like on the Tavor--doable, but requires work?
View Quote
It's not a QD barrel but it can still be changed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
If this article is correct then OP you've posted the wrong picture. The bottom 2 pictures are what we should be expecting In Country. That is seriously worth getting stoked about. Hopefully the aftermarket will respond with practical accessories that stay within what the Bullpup concept is about which is the compact size of the bullpup. Some of the accessories that came out for the AUG went against that grain.
Thales New F90
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If this article is correct then OP you've posted the wrong picture. The bottom 2 pictures are what we should be expecting In Country. That is seriously worth getting stoked about. Hopefully the aftermarket will respond with practical accessories that stay within what the Bullpup concept is about which is the compact size of the bullpup. Some of the accessories that came out for the AUG went against that grain.
Thales New F90
View Quote
hadnt seen that. i like the lines on the FA variant more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thales New F90
View Quote
If that's what shows up, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I certainly hope they don't go with option two.  If they do, it'll make Desert Tech look competent....just on sales figures alone.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Who knows which version. Last year when they hit the youtube gun people circuit it was the one that took aug mags though that was a full auto one so who knows.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thales New F90
View Quote
To the best of my knowledge you are incorrect. Thales has been demoing their standard F90 variant and the demo guns that they've been letting people review are also the standard F90s, not the export version.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I liked that new F90 variant except the trigger shoes...looks a bit too much.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm extremely interested in getting a 16 inch barrel F90. I'm not sure how long I want to wait. If it's still not here by fall I may just get a SCAR 16s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL!!!!

It's funny because I'm thinking the exact same thing.
My patience is running out and the money is about to go to scar 16s haha!!!
We are so basic

Quoted:
It's been discussed quite a few times. I plan to grab one.
So Dasan is making this gun entirely made in USA?
Damn, I thought I was getting a taste of Australia.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LOL!!!!

It's funny because I'm thinking the exact same thing.
My patience is running out and the money is about to go to scar 16s haha!!!
We are so basic

So Dasan is making this gun entirely made in USA?
Damn, I thought I was getting a taste of Australia.
View Quote
Maybe they can include a package of kangaroo jerky to make up for it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe they can include a package of kangaroo jerky to make up for it?
View Quote
That doesn't sound bad at all. Jerky made out of kangaroo killed by the shipped rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJI1cgjGLI

In this video, the rep says it shoots 25 cm groups at 600 yards.

That's about 10 inch at 550 meters; Lithgow AUG is a 2 MOA gun.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJI1cgjGLI

In this video, the rep says it shoots 25 cm groups at 600 yards.

That's about 10 inch at 550 meters; Lithgow AUG is a 2 MOA gun.
View Quote
With what ammo though?

If it was ball, then it'll do better with other types of ammunition.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

With what ammo though?

If it was ball, then it'll do better with other types of ammunition.
View Quote
That's what I'm curious about too.
But the rep's job is to sell the gun; his job is to bring out the best of what he's selling.

Although I hope not, I'd be more inclinded to think that it's their best produced data.
They are working into the consumer market. Accuracy is what the conusmers look for.  
Why else would they use shitty ammo and advertise that accuracy.

I really hope it's gonna be better than that because if it isn't they aren't gonna outsell Steyr.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I really hope it's gonna be better than that because if it isn't they aren't gonna outsell Steyr.
View Quote
And AUGs are already rare "in the wild".
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And AUGs are already rare "in the wild".
View Quote
Psss.. dealer connections my dude.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I really want this and a SCAR 16. I currently have money saved for one but not both. I ended up doing a kind of coin toss. I ordered a SCAR16s FDE from Quantico Tactical last month (LEO pricing is @2400) and they are telling me 5 months. If it comes in before the F90 then I'm getting it. If the F90 comes first then I'm getting the F90. Starting last week I began saving for "Second place"! I'm kind of hoping the F90 comes first.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Psss.. dealer connections my dude.
View Quote
Naw I'm talking about outside of dealers.   The place I picked my AUG up had 6 or 7 of them hanging on the wall.  They were quite surprised when I walked in and said I wanted a green AUG, to the point the guy at the counter had to ask me again what I wanted.  They dont' move a lot of them so you don't see them a lot on the range.  I've seen more the last 6 months or so than I've seen at any point prior in my life.  So they are becoming more popular but I have to assume that's due to the increase in options out there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I really want this and a SCAR 16. I currently have money saved for one but not both. I ended up doing a kind of coin toss. I ordered a SCAR16s FDE from Quantico Tactical last month (LEO pricing is @2400) and they are telling me 5 months. If it comes in before the F90 then I'm getting it. If the F90 comes first then I'm getting the F90. Starting last week I began saving for "Second place"! I'm kind of hoping the F90 comes first.
View Quote
I'm betting you will end up getting the scar.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No, it is not, and to boot the chamber area is considerably beefed up over the standard AUG barrel
View Quote
Dagnabbit Sven, I though I had moved passed this but now I don't know!
I guess I'll wait until someone posts an actual target post before I call it dead or alive for myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top