Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 12:13:59 AM EDT
I need a 5 or 7 round magazine for the steyr aug for hunting here in Oklahoma. For some reason there is a magazine capacity restriction on centerfire rifle cartridges with a bore diameter of .22 during hunting season. Does anyone know if anyone makes a low capacity mag ? All I've found is 10rd magazines.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Rivet or pin a magazine of your choice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]
yes i believe Iowa has the same goofy law, you just have to pin or rivet it in such a way as it will not take more than however many the law says is max.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I would get a magpul aug mag that's on sell right now and pop a rivet in. otherwise you might find a mag block that might work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good , I think I'll order 2 more aug mags to make some for hunting. I think the aug mag might be easier as its translucent and I can see where to drill. I think 2 roll pins secured by some kind of epoxy should do fine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rivet or pin a magazine of your choice.
View Quote
Use it on a 10 round mag.  This would be your best solution for the standard mag.

Now, if you got the NATO stock.  Not sure which low capacity mag would work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Use it on a 10 round mag.  This would be your best solution for the standard mag.

Now, if you got the NATO stock.  Not sure which low capacity mag would work.
View Quote
A ten rd mag is pretty dang expensive to be fiddling with. Although it would look cleaner, I'd personally rather experiment with cheaper mags.

Maybe look for an msar mag?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up ordering 2 10rd mags from Steyr and ordered 2 of the Ratworx mag blocks that I'll trim down to fit the 10rd magazine. That way I don't have to pin anything and should have a nice clean look.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ended up ordering 2 10rd mags from Steyr and ordered 2 of the Ratworx mag blocks that I'll trim down to fit the 10rd magazine. That way I don't have to pin anything and should have a nice clean look.
View Quote
The 10 round magazine I have is pinned. You can't readily remove the baseplate from the factory 10 rounders. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#9]
If it'd legal to just block a mag, put a piece of wood blocking under the follower, preventing more than 5 or 7 rounds from going in.  But if you have one of those "not to be readily reversible" laws, then a pop rivet in the spine of the mag to prevent the follower from going down more than 5-7 rounds is the easy DIY button.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top