BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2017 8:23:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Previous thread

While my last range trip was a success, number 3....uhhh....sucked.

Started out well enough, but like the first trip accuracy fell apart. No loose screw this time. We're talking 2-3 hits on a 10" gong from 100 yards in 20 rounds accuracy. On paper at least 12 MOA, maybe 20 or 30 (target it only so big).

Fired approximately 100 rounds. Second group of 10 was Black Hills 68gr BTHP and it even only managed 6ish MOA, and that was early in the trip, before it really shit the bed.

But the real kicker was when I tried to field strip it to see if anything inside had gotten loose...the take down pins were completely seized. Got it home and had to drive them out with a punch. The receiver had started to "slice into" the pins, deforming them both enough to seize the pins.

I am considering it dead. Hopefully Kel-Tec will be decent about it an refund my purchase price and I can move on.
View Quote

Yikes sorry to hear that man can you post some pics of the damage for the rest of us to see?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
RDB does have a lifetime warranty. Give Keltec a call...they will want to look at it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Almost sounds like they used some bad/soft pins.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't feel bad, I had high hopes for the RFB I bought and got rid of. One thing I will say. I'm not impressed with KelTec's cheap feeling plastic (at least in the RFB I had). But, they do have outstanding customer service. They took great care of me twice with the RFB with no questions asked.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Could you take pics of the pins?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Dayumm!  A: there's too much movement going on relative to the pins, and B: the pins are obviously way softer than what was chewing on them.  Another thing to keep a close eye on, I guess.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to luv my RDB, but I trust my AUG.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#9]
damn...they must have screwed up the pin material.... as much as I love my RDB ...thats just shoddy QC, no excuse
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do people keep buying shitty keltec guns when there are so many other better choices available??

The only keltec I'd ever even consider owning would be the one that snuffed out sir Trayvon.

Good luck, hope you get your money back
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
There's no other .308" bullpup on the market.  There's no other folding PCC on the market.  There's no other .22" WMR pistol or carbine with 30 round mags on the market.  The .380" pistol was so small that Taurus and Ruger copied it outright.  George Kelgren is a genius.  KelTec's quality keeps improving.  My 20 year old SUB-2000 is my CCW backup and is at my feet right now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
There is another .308 bullpup, the K&M M17s...
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is another .308 bullpup, the K&M M17s...
View Quote
But the owner has questionable business ethics.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell me more, please.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Tell me more, please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me more, please.
Some months back, he went into the Desert Tech Facebook page and advertised his product time after time in thread after thread until DT either banned him or removed his posts.  You don't go into someone else's house and pimp your product, that just isn't ethical and as far as I'm concerned the K&M Drainspout is a "do not buy" because of this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top