Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2017 5:06:21 AM EDT
Hi might be a repost by my o my

http://steyrarms.com/accessories/aug/aug-bipod-flash-hider-kit.html?utm_source=social&utm_campaign=AUG_kit&utm_medium=SM_Banner
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
$925 bucks!   I'll pass.
Would rather get a new rifle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't include the barrel 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
opps thats a rip off .
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah much as I want it for my HBAR build, it's a ludicrous price for a rail, bipod, and flash hider.

That being said, if I had a lot more disposable income, I would probably snag one
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah much as I want it for my HBAR build, it's a ludicrous price for a rail, bipod, and flash hider.

That being said, if I had a lot more disposable income, I would probably snag one
View Quote
Yeah, I want it to. But the price is crazy (but we are talking Steyr here so............). I almost pulled the trigger on it all (I already have a 24 inch barrel) during their last sale a little while back. It would have dropped the cost from $925 to $786 or so. Maybe I'll snap one up when another sale rolls around. For now, I'm perfectly fine with my 2020 (IIRC) rail and Harris bipod. Which cost a whopping $90 or so total.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey look at that!

The main chunk of the price is the Steyr Fortmeir bipod. I think if you talk to Steyr they'd sell the parts sans bipod.

I'm actually quite happy with mine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The main chunk of the price is the Steyr Fortmeir bipod.
View Quote
If you need a quick jack stand for your jeep it looks like that bipod could work.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder which is more accurate the original 24 or the new one.

Yes the harmonics on the old one isn't as good but I did get .75 MOA on my 24 but it took 5000 rounds practice and a 10X scope

The new one should be as good. Now here's the kicker

Having the bipod in the front reduces recoil / adds control for rapid fire.
Having it back really allows recoil to interfere with shooting . . .

thoughts
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess it might depend on your purpose for an AUG with the 24 inch barrel. Either for a DMR role or as "LMG"/squad support weapon.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy Shit that is sexy

Quoted:

Hey look at that!

The main chunk of the price is the Steyr Fortmeir bipod. I think if you talk to Steyr they'd sell the parts sans bipod.

I'm actually quite happy with mine.
http://i.imgur.com/NkPqxV5.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Man...if I had a second AUG....
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know why but I find that muzzle device to be very aesthetically pleasing. I don't know if it works for shit but I've found it pretty since I first saw one of the old LMG models picture in a book when I was a kid. Could give a shit less about the old m60 style bipods or that new setup though as a whole. Any reason why they didn't just use that device on all models instead of the many variations they have used tulip, the compensator looking one etc?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]
It's back down to $740. Pretty dang good price considering the price of the bipod.

http://steyrarms.com/accessories/aug/aug-bipod-flash-hider-kit.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top