Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2017 9:11:29 AM EDT
Anyone done this so they can swap in the flat IWI buttpad?  Seen a few on other boards.  I'm wondering if there would be any consequences to 'capturing' the rail system since my muzzle device is too large for the rail to fit over.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean I have thought about pinning a surefire muzzle device on mine but ran into the same dilemma.

After seeing what Adco would charge me to cut to 14.5"~ and pin and weld the surefire muzzle device I scrapped the idea and decided to just Sbr it for about the same cost.

I wish the 18" 95's were available when I purchased.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Being unable to completely disassemble the gun seems like a bad idea.

It's also problematic if you ever want to install a suppressor.

Get the Manticore pad if you want a shorter butt pad.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being unable to completely disassemble the gun seems like a bad idea.

It's also problematic if you ever want to install a suppressor.

Get the Manticore pad if you want a shorter butt pad.
View Quote
I'm having a silencerco mount put on.  I've used the manticore previously but it's not as good as the flat one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know what you mean I have thought about pinning a surefire muzzle device on mine but ran into the same dilemma.

After seeing what Adco would charge me to cut to 14.5"~ and pin and weld the surefire muzzle device I scrapped the idea and decided to just Sbr it for about the same cost.

I wish the 18" 95's were available when I purchased.
View Quote
Out of curiosity, what were they asking?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Im wondering how much of a pain it would be to start with a title 1 gun 18.5" bbl plus short pad, then form 1 it and have the barrel cut to the "normal x95" length of 13".  Would there be any screwing around with the gas system other than just increasing the size of the gas port in the barrel (and a handguard/top rail swap)?  Presumably there is a specific size for the 13", 16.5" and 18.5" models and they arent all the same?

On that note, I wonder if one could leave the smaller hole in the 18.5" barrel so it would be undergassed unless suppressed, and that would cut back on gas-to-the-face.

Im also wondering how much clearance there is in the handguards and how far you could reasonably chop the barrel less than 13" (would be kind of neat to have a nested-in-handguard-always-attached suppressor)
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, what were they asking?
View Quote
$140 to cut and rethread

$85 to just pin and weld Surefire device

+ shipping both ways

= not worth it to me to stay in title 1 config

If I had an A2 compatible suppressor it would be more tempting since an A2 fits through the handguard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top