Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 10:45:58 PM EDT
I picked up an AUG bayonet from Steyr during the sale last week.
It arrived today and looks well-made, but I don't see any markings on the blade.
Snap and rivets on the sheath read Eickhorn Solingen.
Any way to tell if the bayonet itself is the same mfg?
The blade is bare of any letters or symbols, just dark parkerizing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely it is an Eickhorn.

There should be a squirrel logo or something else marked by the base of the blade.

I would have to take a picture of my HK eickhorn made  bayonet and post pics when I get back.

I forgot to add that the Eickhorn bayonet for the AUG is interchangeable with an AR.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most likely it is an Eickhorn.

There should be a squirrel logo or something else marked by the base of the blade.
View Quote
I looked for that, or a "made in Germany" or anything else that might help ID the mfg, but it's blank.  Not a single letter, symbol or mark that I can see.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two genuine ES AUG bayonets sitting in front of me. No markings at all.

If you're worried about it being counterfeit, don't. The market isn't there to counterfeit these. If it came from Steyr or PJs, it's the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn. What sale? What did I miss?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. What sale? What did I miss?
View Quote
20% off on all Parts & Accessories and 30% off on all Clothing & Gifts

Scout Package for $1995

SSG Carbon for $2995
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe you could remove the grip scales and see if you can spot a mark.  Assuming you can remove them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top