Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2017 12:42:49 PM EDT
I have two MSAR E4's that I failed to send back for the mag catch recall before MSAR flopped. I tried for 3-4 years to get the parts from Microtech and for 3-4 years they kept telling me next month we will send you some..next month...next month. I also tried Ratworx but they said they used every one MT sent them. Ratworx's suggestion was to hit the forum and see if I could track down a couple...so here I am. I have two useless rifles in the safe because of this defect. Any ideas??? Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I am looking for one too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many people are looking for these?

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
This sounds promising!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking forever too without luck.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in for 2
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Sven, I enjoyed your interview with iirc TFB.

You deserve the best!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm definitely interested in one of these. I've destroyed two magazines getting them out of my E4. Magpul Pmags are the only type that won't get stuck. Pretty annoying
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe MSAR will make some for you guys.

Looks like they are getting back in the gun business, Microtech Defense>

Ceramic coating options that will be available on the R2 K Modular Suppressor Systems from Microtech Defense, along with the Apocalyptic finish debuting at the NRA show this weekend in Atlanta. Make sure you come by and see us at BOOTH 3787 #microtech #defense #nra #tactical #suppressor #silencer #gun #guns #pewpew #safety #protection

MICROTECH DEFENSE R2 K22 Debuts this weekend!! Come by and see us at BOOTH 3787, NRA SHOW Atlanta Georgia! #pewpew #nra #guns #gun #atlanta #suppressor #silencer #quiet #safety #hearing #protection #microtech #defense #tactical #gear
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe MSAR will make some for you guys.

Looks like they are getting back in the gun business, Microtech Defense>
View Quote
Been holding my breath for 4 years. Doubtful.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Update:
I had a local gunsmith make a metal mag catch to the tune of $200 and after installation it was determined the mag catch was not the sole cause of the problem but rather the entire mag catch/release mechanism being made of plastic. We used 6 different AR15 magazines and none would release properly. Thinking about having another smith look at it or maybe just have two really cool paper weights (not cool actually). This will be the end for Mictrotech in my house including their knives....which I find myself sending back to the factory regularly for broken springs.

If anyone thinks they can fix these POS's I am all ears.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 2:37:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I am looking for one too.  Great rifle has been out of service for too long because of this one issue.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I spoke to one of the microtech Msar guys at the NRA show. I asked if they had any leftover parts for the stg.'s and E4's. He said yes... I will take that with a grain of salt but got his card and number anyway as I wanted a few extra extractors just in case and until I get a Ratworx hybrid bolt. I'll dig out the info from my 30 Lbs of brochures and post.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Update:
I had a local gunsmith make a metal mag catch to the tune of $200 and after installation it was determined the mag catch was not the sole cause of the problem but rather the entire mag catch/release mechanism being made of plastic. We used 6 different AR15 magazines and none would release properly. Thinking about having another smith look at it or maybe just have two really cool paper weights (not cool actually). This will be the end for Mictrotech in my house including their knives....which I find myself sending back to the factory regularly for broken springs.

View Quote
Update to my update. Upon picking up my rifle from the gunsmith and closely inspecting what he made, he did not actually build the entire part out of metal like we discussed just the portion that sits in the magazine catch cutout. I could have told him this wouldn't work before he wasted my $236.50. So two things....won't be using this gunsmith anymore and we still have hopes that a new entire part out of metal will get us back in business. I apologize for the hasty post above and just wanted to clarify.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Update:

View Quote
Fixing/improving an MSAR/Mirotech product = polishing a turd
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I must have been lucky, I have two MSAR rifles and never had a problem. I should say I have one and my brother in law has the other.

Took him shooting last year and let him shoot one. He fell in love with it. He's been such a great guy over the years, I gave it to him

along with some mags. Mine does everything my my Aug does and cost me a lot less money.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I am as well. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I would be in for 2 as spares
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I need one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Me too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys, here's the Msar guys contact info I got at the NRA convention last weekend. Hope they can actually do something about parts. Wendell Kemp, 574-250-7782
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey guys, here's the Msar guys contact info I got at the NRA convention last weekend. Hope they can actually do something about parts. Wendell Kemp, 574-250-7782
View Quote
Ha! Kurt and Wendel go way back... Might call them best buds or something.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Not looking to start a domestic disturbance. I just said I'd pass the info along and prefaced the statement with "I will take it with a grain of salt". Just want some spare extractors or and waiting for a Ratworx hybrid bolt.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wendell is one of the guys at MT that strung me along for years hoping I would one day get some parts to fix my rifles. Maybe if enough people call him they will finally do something about their crappy design.....maybe. For now, my MSARs are in the back of a closet (out of sight and out of mind) hoping someone will steal them one day.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd be in for 2.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually, IIRC, Wendel was the only person at MSAR who actually resolved the situation.  He seemed like a nice guy, shame he's working with a pack of jackals.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I'm in for one too-same situation as OP-except I didn't think my was bad, till it went bad.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
@Manticore_Arms
would be interested in a fix for the mag issue on an MSAR rifle-
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OK, looks like there are enough guys to justify doing a short run of them.

I gotta get finished up with some other more pressing projects (i.e. the stuff that pays the bills, LOL)  and then I can tackle this.  Hang tight guys, we will get to it as soon as we can to help get those NATO E4 stocks back in action

Sven

Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Manticore_Arms
would be interested in a fix for the mag issue on an MSAR rifle-
OK, looks like there are enough guys to justify doing a short run of them.

I gotta get finished up with some other more pressing projects (i.e. the stuff that pays the bills, LOL)  and then I can tackle this.  Hang tight guys, we will get to it as soon as we can to help get those NATO E4 stocks back in action

Sven

Manticore Arms
Shoot a video of you installing it and I bet people would buy that too if it could done by a reasonably competent gun owner (if possible, may just be a giant pain in the ass to switch out).
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Please send any Microtech equipment to me for proper disposal...
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Sven is the man!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Awesome Sven!

My E4 can use some support. I have your one piece scope mount for it 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:34:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Really glad you're doing this for us Sven, thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#37]
How about a metal magazine release lever for the E4?

Another question. Can the standard AUG style mag release be installed in the E4 stock? You may need to buy Styer type mags but you will be able to use the rifle again.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Woohoo. I need one. 
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How about a metal magazine release lever for the E4?

Another question. Can the standard AUG style mag release be installed in the E4 stock? You may need to buy Styer type mags but you will be able to use the rifle again.
View Quote
I highly doubt it they don't have similar lock-in methods. Ar style is a slit in the side of the mag body aug style locks a block on the back spine of the mag if I recall correctly it's been a few years. So the linkages and cut outs for them inside the stock body would be completely different not to mention the magazine diameters and such im 99% sure the aug magazines would not fit in a stang magwell because they were purposefully engineered from the start from polymer so to meet the durability level the engineers wanted they are somewhat thick walled versus for the ar they designed the magazines and magwell from the ground up to be aluminum and thus thinner for the spec they wanted to meet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm in for one too-same situation as OP-except I didn't think my was bad, till it went bad.
View Quote
I have 2 E4's.

I don't need them now, but if available I'll take them because of this. ^^^^^
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#41]
This thread is the epitome of why I love arf.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Doesn't the mag catch/release require a special tool/screw to remove/install?Something to consider in addition to the part.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We will see once I get the E4 stock apart!

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't the mag catch/release require a special tool/screw to remove/install?Something to consider in addition to the part.

Sven
Manticore Arms
I'd be in for the tool too- Or we could all chip in and buy one, use it, and then mail it to the next TonyVictim...I hate having a non-function gun. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I would like one also. I can send my stock in to you if you need one for testing. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FYI, in the infinite wisdom of Tony Marfione, MSAR used a screw to mount the mag release that requires a a special tool to remove.  

We are looking into the possibility of making both the mag release and the tool.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I knew Tony still had some special sauce. 
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Tag for updates.

Please put me down for one too!
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I have 2 E4s.  One was an update from an earlier model, but has the metal catch.  The other was an original E4 with the metal mag release.

If you need a reference, let me know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a last generation stock with all the updates that could be used as a reference.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top