Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
Are the stocks/trigger packs interchangeable between generations like this?  I have an A3 NATO stock I'm trying to sell and the guy interested has an A1 but I don't know how to answer this question.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but if he wants the A3 bolt release to be functional, he'll need an A3 pack.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:42:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, but if he wants the A3 bolt release to be functional, he'll need an A3 pack.
View Quote
Not on a NATO stock, no bolt release.

Fitting may be required to get the receiver to lock in and some break in for full reliability. Took me maybe an hour, but I had to sand off the hump on a A3. Needed some rounds through it to lock back on empty on a new stock.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#4]
That's right, the NATO stock has its own hammerpack, as does the A3 stock. You also may need to sand down the hump on the top of the NATO stock if using an A3 receiver, but because the OP is selling his NATO stock to a guy with an A1, no sanding will be needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
...and for the record, the NATO stock needs only a different bolt catch, so normal AUG hammerpacks are easily converted for NATO use and vice-versa.

Of course you should "get both" but you don't have to
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top