Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2017 3:06:22 PM EDT
Interesting, always good to have more variety:

Looks like they are expanding out beyond their 9mm blow back stuff. I'd be interested in seeing the internals and knowing more about the operating system etc. Price would be more appealing around $1k but I get they are a small shop.

Jard J56

p.s. oh and i never said she was a looker before anyone points that out

p.p.s. Is that big thing sticking out in front of the mag the mag release?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a J68, which is the same basic design in 9mm. In general, I like the simplicity of the basic design. They've even managed to create a good trigger, especially for a bullpup. Unfortunately, it's not very reliable. It's good enough to be a range toy, but that's about it.

It's both the easiest rifle ever to field strip and the most annoying. All you have to do (at least on the J68) is pull a little lever near the buttplate and push the top out of the bottom. Then the works is just kinda sitting in the bottom half. What makes it annoying is that the two halves don't separate without tools. They just hinge at the front, which is really awkward.

It's really fun to shoot when it's working well. But it's also a bit of a project gun that you have to tinker with.

Yes, that thing right in front of the magwell is the mag release.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The 9mm is a blow back though right? This says gas operated (to be expected for a rifle round) im just curious to see the internals!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is.

The descriptions for both of them (and the J12, too) all say "Rod bolt guidance for smooth operation". I strongly suspect the exact same basic design that's used for the bolt on the 9mm is also used for the bolt carrier on the rifle and shotgun.

On the J68 there are three rods connected to a small plate which is held in place at the very back of the gun when the two halves are closed. The top two extend all the way forward into the trunnion that holds the barrel. Those two rods have return springs placed over them. The bolt then compresses those two springs as it rides on the rods. The third rod is shorter and acts as the ejector. It's pretty slick. You can see an exploded diagram in the manual available on their site.

I could easily see them taking that basic 9mm bolt design, drilling a large hole and cam slot and inserting a bolt much like the AR design. They would have to position the ejector rod a little differently, add a gas piston to push against the carrier, and use stronger springs, then you would have a fully functional rifle system with very few engineering changes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top