Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2017 6:37:40 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the new PMAGs for the AUG?
Apologies if this has been asked before but I just noticed they are shipping now.
Anyone have any feedback on them?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Plenty of people have tried them. They work fine.

But since the factory mags are damn near perfect, the only reason to buy them is because they're cheap and often ship free.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
They're great, I have a bunch of factory AUG mags and PMAGs. I'd give the slight edge to the factory mags, they seem to insert and eject a bit easier than the PMAGs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plenty of people have tried them. They work fine.

But since the factory mags are damn near perfect, the only reason to buy them is because they're cheap and often ship free.
View Quote
not that much cheaper, $19 PMAG vs $23 for Aug factory 30 rd

http://www.44mag.com/category/steyr
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the Magpuls work in an MSAR?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.  I agree the OEM magazines are the way to go but I wanted to know if the PMAGs worked in the event (if or when) the Steyr magazines dried up and the prices went insane.
It is nice to know there is a USA made option available.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
AUSteyr P Mags are the schiznit.  I love them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah but places like AIM sell all Magpul stuff with free shipping at times. Saves you an extra few bucks per mag.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
and that's why I don't have AUG PMAGS.  Sell them for $12 and I'll buy a few.  Otherwise, not really that excited.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I just bought a couple recently to try out. Now, I have nothing against Magpul and Pmags in general. Good stuff. But I think the the standard AUG mags are better in pretty much every way (except for the popping rounds out if you slap in the AUG mag, obviously you don't have to). But, the AUG Pmag is fine too. I'd buy whatever is cheapest. And right now, if I'm buying ten and I can save $40-50. I'll buy the Magpul stuff. Perfectly fine for duty/shtf/whatever use. But the Magpul stuff would probably be training mags and the factory mags would be my go to.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Since the Magpul D60's feed tower is removable, I'm hoping they release an AUG feed tower.

Until then, it's factory 42's for me as my go to mag.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Did Magpul fix the issue the oem mags have with popping rounds out?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did Magpul fix the issue the oem mags have with popping rounds out?
View Quote
Yup.  I have a completely ingrained "habit" of slapping mags home.....I had to go to P Mags.....they are fantastic.

So far, all of the ones I have run do not drop free at first but after being run a few times...fall free from bolt lock no sweat.  You just have to let each one "fit itself" to the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top