Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2017 7:25:00 PM EDT
I purchased an AUG A3 recently, and I am just getting used to it. I bought a cheap Surefire M951 to put on the small side rail, but the knobs that secure the mount to the rail don't allow the light to fasten on. Is there a certain rail adapter, such as an offset mount, that might remedy the situation? If I can't use the light it is not a huge deal, but since I have it, I figure it was worth a shot to ask some of you with more experience with the rifle. Appreciate any help.

I can post pictures if it's not clear.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I purchased an AUG A3 recently, and I am just getting used to it. I bought a cheap Surefire M951 to put on the small side rail, but the knobs that secure the mount to the rail don't allow the light to fasten on. Is there a certain rail adapter, such as an offset mount, that might remedy the situation? If I can't use the light it is not a huge deal, but since I have it, I figure it was worth a shot to ask some of you with more experience with the rifle. Appreciate any help.

I can post pictures if it's not clear.
View Quote
I am pretty sure I get the gist of what you are saying....but post a pic if you get a minute.  I am gonna see if I can find what I think you might find useful.....

ETA:

What do you think about a riser mount....there are about a hundred types of these things in all sorts of price ranges:

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am pretty sure I get the gist of what you are saying....but post a pic if you get a minute.  I am gonna see if I can find what I think you might find useful.....

ETA:

What do you think about a riser mount....there are about a hundred types of these things in all sorts of price ranges:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/RISER-MOUNT-172510.jpg
View Quote
I think that will work, actually. The side of the receiver stops the fat turn-screws from fitting close enough to clamp the mount onto the rail, but even another 1/2 inch clearance allows them to fit. I will look for one of those.

Really appreciate it, desertmoon. Can't believe I didn't think of that...it seems pretty obvious in hindsight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the old 951's had arms mounts. That should give enough clearance.

The new surefire lights fit great fwiw.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If it has the ARMS mount, it's a 952, and yes it will fit. You'll have to turn the base around so the lever faces down. I still use a 962 on mine. The extra length is better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't turn the mount around on the light. It can only go on one direction as far as I can see.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's my M962. It has 2 screws centerline on the bottom of the ARMS 17 base. The 951 and 961 may not be reversible.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn that's a big honking light. A weapon in its own right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top