Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 1:48:41 PM EDT
Okay,

I got one of PJ's new rails for my A3M1 AUG and the main reason for that was so that I could include a BUIS which is the one thing the AUG platform sorely lacks.

For you guys with A3s that have long rails....what are you running as a BUIS....or does anyone have a general suggestion?

I like both Magpul's steel and polymer backups and use them on several platforms....but do not want to go that route with the AUG.

Suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Folks!

ETA: OBLIGATORY PIC:

ETA to the ETA:  co-witness is not necessarily important as I am running a QD optic with lever.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Okay,

I got one of PJ's new rails for my A3M1 AUG and the main reason for that was so that I could include a BUIS which is the one thing the AUG platform sorely lacks.

For you guys with A3s that have long rails....what are you running as a BUIS....or does anyone have a general suggestion?

I like both Magpul's steel and polymer backups and use them on several platforms....but do not want to go that route with the AUG.

Suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Folks!

ETA: OBLIGATORY PIC:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/23042/COMPARE--1280x853--169190.jpg

ETA to the ETA:  co-witness is not necessarily important as I am running a QD optic with lever.
View Quote

Well, you could try a set of fixed BUIS from Daniel Defense like I'm using. May not be the best option for you if you're running an optic. Some don't like absolute co-witness all the time. Unless you get a high rise mount.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, you could try a set of fixed BUIS from Daniel Defense like I'm using. May not be the best option for you if you're running an optic. Some don't like absolute co-witness all the time. Unless you get a high rise mount.
View Quote
Man, if I still had my eyesight from back in the day, this is the route I would go.  I am not a fan of folding sights for the obvious reasons of complexity and durability.....

I also have trouble with focus on any kind of co-witness except for holosights, that I why I prefer the "jettison if broke" concept on electro optics....or optics in general.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Desert moon, why not try High Tower Armory Glock adaptor sights? That way you can mount any Glock pistol sight. There's a thread on those sights on the bullpup forum under the ps90 thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey Desert moon, why not try High Tower Armory Glock adaptor sights? That way you can mount any Glock pistol sight. There's a thread on those sights on the bullpup forum under the ps90 thread.
View Quote
You know, at first it seems a silly idea.  BUT, I just tried a set of Magpul steels BUID on my Aug and, honestly, there is STILL not enough rail space for a good rifleman's sight picture.  In all honesty, running pistol sights might actually be a LOT more effective.  The only issue I have is setting elevation without having to buy four or five front sights.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#5]
how about the CZ Scorpion BUIS?  They're made for a shorter sight radius

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
The only way to get them is to buy a Scorpion to take them off unless you can find a used set on ebay.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The only way to get them is to buy a Scorpion to take them off unless you can find a used set on ebay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Guess what I sold once I got my AUG.  LOL!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/sights
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You know, at first it seems a silly idea.  BUT, I just tried a set of Magpul steels BUID on my Aug and, honestly, there is STILL not enough rail space for a good rifleman's sight picture.  In all honesty, running pistol sights might actually be a LOT more effective.  The only issue I have is setting elevation without having to buy four or five front sights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I remember right, the HTA kit came with shims for elevation.

On a separate note, I like the CZ sights a bit better. And either package (HTA or CZ) will be about the same price.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
The CZ sights may sit too low............. especially on the commercial height, Pete rail. I had a set for a while that I bought for backup on my 9mm AUG with the factory "long/high" rail. They just fit on the small rail space with a micro red dot. The Aimpoint co-witnessed with no riser at all. That's pretty short. Plus, the high/long rail was slighlty taller than the Pete rail as well. In that CZ Scorpion pistol the stock he's shouldering (really it's a brace) puts your cheekweld a lot lower than the AUG stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The CZ sights may sit too low............. especially on the commercial height, Pete rail. I had a set for a while that I bought for backup on my 9mm AUG with the factory "long/high" rail. They just fit on the small rail space with a micro red dot. The Aimpoint co-witnessed with no riser at all. That's pretty short. Plus, the high/long rail was slighlty taller than the Pete rail as well. In that CZ Scorpion pistol the stock he's shouldering (really it's a brace) puts your cheekweld a lot lower than the AUG stock.
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/jackflagusa/bullpups/DSC02073_zpsyjdk7oou.jpg
View Quote
I think with a rail setup like that, it would work just as well to use the RDS tube as a ghost ring.

I wish optic makers would go back to building back ups into their tube bodies
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think with a rail setup like that, it would work just as well to use the RDS tube as a ghost ring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's an interesting thought. You may be right.
For me, I already had the Aimpoint. And I was trying to save money, and get some co-witness irons to go with it without having to buy a riser for the T-2. OF course you had the super short sight radius. In the end, it worked on my 9mm. But I really had to scrunch my face down. With a lower commercial rail, it would be even worse IMHO.

In the end. I sold the CZ sights.

Quoted:I wish optic makers would go back to building back ups into their tube bodies
You can get those on some ACOGs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Well!  I talked to my buddy that I sold the EVO to.  He is still using the Magpul backups that are on the gun and he prefers those....soooo.....he is gonna sell me back the EVO sights.  Those are the ones I modded the post on in order to get better long range adjustability on, too!!!!!  SWWWWEEEEEEEET!!!

Remember, I do not need ANY co-witness as I have a lever mount for my optic....so if I needed to I can just jettison that in favor of the sights if the optic broke during bad times.

I took a couple of the bottom threads off of the post and also trimmed the dtent stud and used a slightly lighter diameter wire spring in order that the sights could actually be adjusted. 

Looking at the pics I have seen, I think those sights will be PERFECT on Pete's rail!!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/sights
The LPA sights have been out of stock for over a year. First I've seen the $150 version available.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't have backup sights on any of mine. The original A1 didn't exactly have anything sophisticated either.

Mount something onto your optic and call it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't have backup sights on any of mine. The original A1 didn't exactly have anything sophisticated either.

Mount something onto your optic and call it.
View Quote
Looks like I am stuck with the Magpuls as my buddy is moving and can't find the sights.....and he is moving to TN.  DAMN!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top