Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 9:18:11 PM EDT
Hello, I made an account a while ago but never really had anything to post about....

Anyways I recently got an Aug A3 M1 with the high rail, then put a Steiner M332 on it. Like the scope over all, except no cheekweld and its a BDC. I noticed the 3x scope for the Aug is a bit shorter, so been considering that so onto the questions...

Is it good enough to hunt with in thick brush despite a lack of illumination? How is the glass on it? And is it rugged enough to be the only sight and not be too concerned?

I honestly only like mil reticles, since most of the ranges tend to be in yards and for some weird reason I keep thinking in meters.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't worry about the ruggedness.  The glass and overall quality is very good.  The eye relief is particular.  Your head has to be in just the right spot.  That being said, the right spot is very comfortable.  I've never tried shooting it at dusk or dawn to see if the crosshairs get lost but i don't think it would be any different than any other unilluminated reticle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello, I made an account a while ago but never really had anything to post about....
View Quote

Well hello there.

Quoted:Is it good enough to hunt with in thick brush despite a lack of illumination? How is the glass on it? And is it rugged enough to be the only sight and not be too concerned?
View Quote
Sure, not an issue imho. As long as you have enough light outside. Glass is clear and excellent.
Yes, it's just fine in my opinion to be the only sight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The Steiner is an excellent optic and the BDC is nice too.  Why not just get a lower rail if cheek weld is the issue?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Steiner is an excellent optic and the BDC is nice too.  Why not just get a lower rail if cheek weld is the issue?
View Quote
A lower rail? Does anyone even make such a thing?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A lower rail? Does anyone even make such a thing?
View Quote
sorry, I don't have an M1.  He said he had an M1 with the high rail so I assumed that there was a lower one too
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
They don't make one if I can recall... Unless one came out recently. I like the glass on it, but I've also come to not care much for the reticle.

I just made my decision. I'll go ahead and get the 3x scope and either sell the Steiner or just leave it in the box somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Where in NC are you? I'm in NC as well and I'm interested in your optic. I tried to email you and it wouldn't work for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where in NC are you? I'm in NC as well and I'm interested in your optic. I tried to email you and it wouldn't work for some reason.
View Quote
Somewhere in the Fayetteville area.

Edit: Email should work now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

sorry, I don't have an M1.  He said he had an M1 with the high rail so I assumed that there was a lower one too
View Quote
I was being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was being sarcastic.
View Quote
ah, i see it now
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, got the scope yesterday and like it so far. In low light I can still see the circle at least, as long as it isn't something that's black. Though it does seem to have glare sometimes. How do you manage that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top