Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 7:51:07 PM EDT
Had my x95 for a couple weeks and put 700rnds through it, wow this is a sweet rifle. I really like the factory rail cover set up and have it sitting a few notches forward closer to the muzzle for a little more control. My question is how to mount a light on this rifle and were I give up the least amount of rail cover usage? How is everyone else using lights ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Other side plus a pressure pad for me. On a second question. Have you tried manually ejecting a live round? I have around the same round count as you and my chamber is very tight. I have to beat on the charging Handle to get A live round out. Never had any malfunctions. Tight chamber maybe. Scrubbing it only slightly made it better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew the chamber was tight, from other peoples complaints. So I used a bronze chamber brush and a cordless drill for maybe 3 second with CLP on it.... I took the bolt out and went over it with a wire cleaning brush and CLP... Before the first round I fired. It's perfect now... I suspect it was just a rough edge on the bolt locking tabs in the chamber... I truly have 0 complaints about the x95 unless your shooting cover drills and having a huge sight over bore measurement...
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
What ammo are you using and did you strip and clean the gun before using. The barrel and chamber were coated from the factory with a cosmoline type preservative. I had to flush and physically scrub it out with brake cleaner to remove it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me preface, I require absolute reliability out of my gear... I did not clean anything besides the chamber and bolt. I shot the cheapest steel cased ammo I could find... Monarch steel case from academy sports... It was pretty dirty when I was done, full cleaning... Bolt and small parts in the ultrasonic cleaner scrubbed everything clean and applied CLP zero failures in 700rnds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top