Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2017 6:34:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
is that made by Keltec? It looks significantly better than the regular one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
This has just turned the RDB into something I'm moderately interested in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish RFB owners could get some M-Lok love...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking at it again (assuming it's metal of some kind) I would worry about heat build up from where the piston comes back and from the barrel. It looks well ventilated though but I did burn my girlish hands on the handguard takedown pin on my RDB while I was doing some T&E with it. Oh also did anyone see the adjustable LOP stock on the survival model? I liked that too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks significantly better than the regular one.
View Quote

Yes it does.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#6]
As stated already, I concur that the new handguard looks much nicer than the original stock. I do have one question though, is this new handguard free-floated?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:56:41 AM EDT
[#7]
doubtful looks like the pin is still there (under the gas block)
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
doubtful looks like the pin is still there (under the gas block)
View Quote
That's unfortunate as most complaints are that pin getting hot and no ever says, 'I just un-freefloated my rifle this weekend as it was too accurate'. For those of you that own the RDB, does it appear if there's a possibility of designing a handguard that fully locks into the reciver so that cross pin in the gas block could be eliminated?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Do want that handguard, and a mod to free float.  But I'd settle for that hg and the brass catcher.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
How difference is a free floated barrel/gastube/piston assembly going to make?...besides not burning your fingers if you forget about the pin
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How difference is a free floated barrel/gastube/piston assembly going to make?...besides not burning your fingers if you forget about the pin
View Quote
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm going to assume it's a legit question. Any time you put pressure on a barrel you can effect the harmonics, if that pressure is not identical every time you will effect accuracy. Whether it's a bolt action rifle or AR, if the barrel is free floated the harmonics after the shot will be unimpeded resulting in repeatable accuracy. With the current config of the RDB, you're constantly putting pressure on the barrel via the handguard pin through the gas block resulting in possible different pressures.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This has just turned the RDB into something I'm moderately interested in.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm going to assume it's a legit question. Any time you put pressure on a barrel you can effect the harmonics, if that pressure is not identical every time you will effect accuracy. Whether it's a bolt action rifle or AR, if the barrel is free floated the harmonics after the shot will be unimpeded resulting in repeatable accuracy. With the current config of the RDB, you're constantly putting pressure on the barrel via the handguard pin through the gas block resulting in possible different pressures.
View Quote
      I have found that when shooting for accuracy with the RDB....not allowing anything to touch the handguard tightens up groups.....but even shooting it conventionally,  it's accurate to just over 2moa....so for an off the rack semi auto..that's about right
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine is 1.5 moa with decent 62-64 duty ammo, cheapo gt ammo is,like 3". Once i figured out the gas system, mine is super reliable and pretty darn accurate. Ive put over 3k through mine probably 2k of steel cased ammo. It runs it all perfectly. Great rifle!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Any more info on this?
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a limited time to sight in a leftover scope to try some load development today.  A 24.5gr of Varget behind a Hornady 75gr BTHP in virgin Federal brass shows promise.  The first four rounds were inside a 1.5" circle at 100yds until the brake on the neighbors baby cannon blasted me on the fifth shot.  The results are gratifying considering shimming will be needed to zero the scope to the pup.  POA was 9.5" left with maxed windage adjustment.  FWIW, the scope is a Millett 6x25x56AO that dwarfs the pup.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone heard anything new on the release of the M-lok handguard ??
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone heard anything new on the release of the M-lok handguard ??
View Quote
A third party mfg is going to be making one. Look over on bullpup forum there was a thread on it. He just had the rapid prototype done
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I am liking this new handguard. But i do really like the look of the original handguard as well. I just hope to get one of these one day.

Since everyone is talking about free floating handguard because of the accuracy, what is the typical accuracy of this rifle? Also, what was the typical accuracy of the RFB?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am liking this new handguard. But i do really like the look of the original handguard as well. I just hope to get one of these one day.

Since everyone is talking about free floating handguard because of the accuracy, what is the typical accuracy of this rifle? Also, what was the typical accuracy of the RFB?
View Quote
Typical accuracy is about 2 moa. No idea on the RFB
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Since these are aluminum I wonder how hot these will get after a few mags.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#23]
No more than any AR handguard would, I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I have said it before. Someone needs to buy Keltecs design and produce it with better quality (or they could step it up themselves).  

That bullpup with that handguard and a SiCo omega or TBA ultra 5 would be about perfect imho
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Do you have any details or a video on how they mount? 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree.  It'll be interesting to see once it's done with a suppressor on there how it looks.  I'm betting pretty sharp.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm sure there will be.  That's a 3D printed prototype, and are being manufactured now.

There's more pictures on the Bullpup forum from the beginning of the project.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm sure there will be.  That's a 3D printed prototype, and are being manufactured now.

There's more pictures on the Bullpup forum from the beginning of the project.
View Quote
Thank you. Look what I missed since I havent been over there for a month. The RDB is such a fine rifle it just needs a little aftermarket push ??
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Is your site down?
What's the price going to be?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Website is under construction so that it can host e-commerce.  Had to go do a different hosting company and GoDaddy wouldn't allow access to the code to just copy over so the site had to be recreated from scratch.

Price is retail at $179 for anodized or FDE cerakote.  There are 25 anodized and 4 cerakote remaining to sell.  Discount to $149 for those two will remain in place until the e-commerce side is up and running.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#32]
That looks amazing, would it still be 149 if I order now?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:10:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Website is under construction so that it can host e-commerce.  Had to go do a different hosting company and GoDaddy wouldn't allow access to the code to just copy over so the site had to be recreated from scratch.

Price is retail at $179 for anodized or FDE cerakote.  There are 25 anodized and 4 cerakote remaining to sell.  Discount to $149 for those two will remain in place until the e-commerce side is up and running.  

http://i.imgur.com/ADTd0gwl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iW0bIfGl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aR3PfwCl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YhWjfLPl.jpg
View Quote
That looks amazing, would it still be 149 if I order now?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#34]
@LeeMajors how about installation instructions?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#35]
It's pretty straightforward, we put instructions on the Bullpup forum with pictures.  I have been providing links to people who purchase these.

There are two small rear stays that get screwed onto the rail in step 1 with 4 6-32 screws that go over the rear posts.  

There is one larger u-shaped front stay that has a silver aluminum internally-threaded collet that gets tapped into the 1/4' hole and through the gas block (same hole diameter) that holds the front stay to the gas block.  It's threaded 8-32 and two 8-32 screws go into that to hole the rail on.

Once these 3 stays are on, you slide the rail onto the rifle from the front (the front stay is too big to just slap straight up from underneath, you have to slide it on by inserting the muzzle into the back of the rail then slide it all the  way back until the rear stays slide over the posts).  That lines it up with the front stay.

The two 8-32 screws go in at the left and right into that gas block collet, and two 6-23 screws go into the bottom left and right 45 angles to add additional stability.  

Last step (optional but recommended) is to blue loctite all your screws one by one then let cure overnight before shooting (loctite not included).  

Hope that helps.  Takes about 5 minutes or so for most people.  You'll need a set of punches and a hammer.  We recommend using the punch upside down on the front collet to avoid damaging the threads.  It's a tight fit.  A little gun oil helps, too.  Not terrible, but it will take some slow and steady tapping for a minute to get it into position equidistant from the sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top