Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 3:18:28 PM EDT
I love my little Tavor. The only mod I've got for it is a gas port cover. I would like to improve the amount of control I have over the front end (support hand) without sacrificing the 5 points of contact hold. With that in mind, would an AFG or VFG or something that I haven't thought of, be better?

*edit* I suddenly realized, I don't think I communicated that right. What I'm trying to do, is keep the front sight on target prior to the shot. Right now, the front sight wanders around, up, down, left, right prior to the BANG!. This is a stationary target at an indoor range, I don't think my front end should be moving as much as it does. It makes for a frustrating experience waiting for the front end to stop moving long enough to pull the trigger. I shoot from a seated position, so I believe it's my support hand is somehow allowing the front end to move around.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried a stubby VFG on my 16 inch Tavor.
Quickly realized that it caused my hand position to be "below" the barrel, increasing side to side sway.
Realized that more fingers around the barrel, increases stability / control.

Same thing with regular AR - the further up the hands on the barrel the more control of the muzzle
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I did this, and use the VFG as more of a hand stop, just like with almost everything else I own.  Personal preference.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen a foregrip like that before, who makes it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen a foregrip like that before, who makes it?
View Quote
https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-parts/ar-15/grips-accessories/foregrips/fortis-shift-m-lok-forend-vertical-grip/
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I wanted to thank you all for your input. I've decided to go with the Fortis Manufacturing Shift Short Angled Grip, the Picatinney rail version. I believe that this will allow me to keep the same contact points I had with the rifle before but will keep the fingers of my support hand from slipping off the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing I would caution is I did the whole I want more space an AFG or Grip and bought a Midwest Ext rail and it was cool for a while...but after running it for a while it changed the whole balance of the rifle for me. I mean I love holding the Tavor one handed and it just balances right into the pocket of my shoulder. Plus it adds a lot of weight and makes it feel like my AR's. Nothing against Midwest,  Manti core or the new rmptool bit I just like the Tavor stock.  So I took it off and it's been sitting in my shop for months now and went back to the original HANDGUARD. If you really want just add a bottom rail and you can add a grip that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top