Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2016 1:04:32 PM EDT
I still have an operational MSAR and was considering replacing the Tulip FS with something more up to date.

Looking for something that may have some compensation value helping the gun run a little flatter with less twist but not so raw a bark (ya I know comps that work bark) you can not stand to use it.
Put a Miculek comp on a carbine once for one range trip it was raw, on a 20in. barrel now not bad.

I would rather not use an adapter if possible.
I know Ratworx used to make an adapter not sure if still available like most stuff for the MSAR.

I am not sure if any of the offerings for the AUG would fit or not.

Any suggestions links and pics would be appreciated, Thanks.

If I got it right the threads are 13x1mm Left Hand.  

This might work not a comp but this might work if the threads are the same not changed up like MSAR did with their 2 versions.

https://steyrarms.com/accessories/aug/original-steyr-a3-a3-m1-flash-hider.html
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew MSAR did both threads.

Didn't the Nato E4 versions sold by MSAR have a similar device to the one in the link, seems to me those were the ones with the 1/2-28 threads?

Mine is the original style that uses the MSAR/AUG style mags and does have the silver ring on the FH.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Sven, my Msar has two or three silver rings near the muzzle break; is that what you mean about the grenade spring? They look kind of like gas piston rings from an AR, but a different size.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that Clawgear with the lock nut Maleante posted? Little pricey wow
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Still looking anyone stumble across anything?
I am down to looking for just a flash suppressor not so much a comp now.

Found one listed as a Manticore Eclipse but for 30mm? Has the correct thread?
Don't know if it work properly or not? The listing is confusing on the threads.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/more/922r-us-compliance-partsnew/steyer-aug-eclipse-flash-hider-30-cal-us-made-922-r-part.html

Seems there was a Vortex at one time.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top