Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2016 10:15:11 PM EDT

I have had my eye on the RBD since it came out and wanted one bad, but not willing to pay the retarded Gunbroker prices I finally had an opportunity to pick up a nice new RBD at the Daytona gun show yesterday for only $1095!! Understanding that there are limited numbers of them in the wild, I am pretty sure I know the answer to my question......is there any aftermarket support for the RDB yet? I can see heavy duty light weight firing pins , QD sling mounts nice magpul-ish style front hand guards with heat shields, aluminum safety switch and so on.

Parker Mountain machine (PMM) is doing some really incredible work on the SCAR, it would be nice a shop like that would get on the RDB 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Well there are plenty of places that sell KSG do-dads.... they started off pretty rough with most of there issues and yet they have aftermarket support.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
RDB aftermarket will probably take off as long as they get the supply out there. Every shooter I know that has shot mine, has ordered or is looking for one. "Is this the gun from Halo? I think I need it!"
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting on the RDB Survival.
Waiting...and waiting...and waiting....
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The way the handguard is so simply made/installed you would think someone would make one and profit being the only one with a product out there. I personally would love to see a super lightweight mlok option.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The way the handguard is so simply made/installed you would think someone would make one and profit being the only one with a product out there. I personally would love to see a super lightweight mlok option.
View Quote

You and I both, would like to see it constructed not in 2 halves also like the original, that would be a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That's how I envisioned it just one thin piece (lighter the better). I wish I had the knowhow and machines to do this, it would be such a simple design and save even more weight I think.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I lucked out and picked up a new RDB tonight st my local shop for $934!  I've been looking for one for a long time!
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I lucked out and picked up a new Tavor tonight st my local shop for $934!  I've been looking for one for a long time!
View Quote

$934 for a new tavor  Do you mean RDB? 

Thats hundreds under dealer cost 
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lucked out and picked up a new Tavor tonight st my local shop for $934!  I've been looking for one for a long time!

Sorry, RDB, had a brain fart typing. I have a tavor
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry, RDB, had a brain fart typing. I have a tavor
View Quote

Figured that's what you wanted to say, that's an awesome price, congrats. 
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm looking forward to the RDB receiving some aftermarket support. Honestly though, it's kind of hard to think of things it currently needs.

The few that I do think it needs is a redesigned gas adjust wheel. It needs to be numbered so that users can know what setting their gas
is on. Also, perhaps make it require the depressing of a detent before it can be turned as to prevent accidentally moving the wheel during normal
handling and storage. I can't imagine that being even a remotely difficult task for a developer.  Also, I would like to see a redesigned bolt release that doesn't
require downward pressure, instead sideways or even upwards directional pressure. I would like GHW made products for the RDB as they seem to be highly solid
and durable parts. Hopefully he can get his hands on an RDB soon and start tinkering. Other than that, the rifle is good to go.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I could see handguards being available. They'd be easy to make and make smaller. Lots of unnecessary bulk in the factory I think.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Honestly, I don't have any issue with the OEM handguard.  It's light weight enough, it fits my hand well. I don't feel like it needs
to be slimmed down. But it seems that is something most people want changed.

All I want is a new gas adjust wheel and a redesigned bolt release.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:33:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I would buy an ARClight rail for my RDB in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would buy an ARClight rail for my RDB in a heartbeat.
View Quote

I would rather the RPM Precision rail, over the ACR since it flows with the looks of the rifle rather then looking like a stuck on afterthought. 

But hey it were all that's was available I'd be on it like white on rice 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would rather the RPM Precision rail, over the ACR since it flows with the looks of the rifle rather then looking like a stuck on afterthought. 

But hey it were all that's was available I'd be on it like white on rice 
View Quote

That looks good as well, as long as I could get a light right underneath the barrel at the 6 o'clock position I'd be happy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd like to see the factory style handguard WITHOUT the integral rail.  Make one that can take different lengths of sub rail.  That integral rail just ruins the lines of what would be a really sleek gun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd like to see the factory style handguard WITHOUT the integral rail.  Make one that can take different lengths of sub rail.  That integral rail just ruins the lines of what would be a really sleek gun.
View Quote

I do believe that we will be able to buy the handguard that comes on the RDB Survival separately.  It looks thinner, and it does not have a rail molded into it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#21]
If I'm dreaming, I'm going to say a BCM Keymod handguard made out of the same alloy they use in their KMR.  That alone, might save another 3 ounces off the front of the rifle.

I would also love for Surefire to make a run of their muzzle devices in titanium.  I would probably buy 10 of those in one fell swoop to outfit all of my rifles.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I do believe that we will be able to buy the handguard that comes on the RDB Survival separately.  It looks thinner, and it does not have a rail molded into it.
View Quote
that would be very cool!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Rdb needs 300BLK option.
It's design looks to be well made for suppressed shooting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Check out the handguard on this RDB Survival at SHOT.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Jesus. That survival rifle is one ugly mother fu-cker. Reminds me of the horrible looking NY complaint rifles. 

I can't really make out the forward HG that well. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Here's a video from Shot Show showing the new RDB Survival and the new RDB Tactical.
Go to 7:22 for the Kel Tec guns.

Shot Show video
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Look like M lock? I can't keep up with all the different rail options.

I like it. Be nice if it dissipates heat better. I also need more places for lights, optics, and tactical sporks...
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm surprised noone here has mentioned a redesigned bolt release for the RDB, one that is quicker to engage. Also a redesigned gas adjust wheel, one with numbers indicating what level of gas you are on. Those two features arguably should take priority as they are both highly important features to the rifle (speed reloads, and peace of mind that your gas setting hasn't accidentally been changed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top