Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 5:33:52 PM EDT
The info is in this forum thread:

Ke Tec Survival prototype
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly can't see shit on this forum anymore after the "upgrade". I assume this is the "hunter" featureless model.

Not sure how that's a survival prototype unless it's because I can't see shit on arfcom any longer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I honestly can't see shit on this forum anymore after the "upgrade". I assume this is the "hunter" featureless model.

Not sure how that's a survival prototype unless it's because I can't see shit on arfcom any longer.
View Quote

There's a  video imbedded in the thread. Google will block some videos as "not safe" on this site. You need to turn off the blocking.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They cannot even get the RDB out in large enough numbers (or with proper QC or replacement part/repair time), let alone the 6.5G version they promised.  Last thing they need is something else to *not*  produce.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe it will never be, but I am old school and like the traditional ergonomics of it in a lightweight 26 inch package. PS90 size shooting 5.56. I would buy it at a projected msrp of under $1300!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Must have this!! Love my RFB!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Not mentioned in the video, but I strongly suspect that muzzle device is permanently attached. Given how little it pokes past the shorter handguard it's definitely not 17.3" like the standard RDB.
Unless the LOP is longer (which it doesn't appear to be), the RDB with a 16" barrel would be below 26", so fixing the A2 to a 16" barrel is a reasonable way to meet OAL.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not mentioned in the video, but I strongly suspect that muzzle device is permanently attached. Given how little it pokes past the shorter handguard it's definitely not 17.3" like the standard RDB.
Unless the LOP is longer (which it doesn't appear to be), the RDB with a 16" barrel would be below 26", so fixing the A2 to a 16" barrel is a reasonable way to meet OAL.
View Quote

RDB OAL is 27.3" with a 17.3" barrel, so action/stock is 10" and the barrel length is the remainder of OAL. A 16" barrel would give you 26" OAL.
Also, the stock is adjustable, and adds another 1.5" to measured OAL
Extended OAL 27.5"
Compacted OAL 26"
Either way it should still be legal with a 16" barrel and no messing with the muzzle device, which would be awesome because this guy is just begging for a suppressor

My 16" AR with MOE stock in the 3rd position and an A2 flash hider has an OAL of just under 35"
This thing with a 6-8" suppressor would be a bit shorter! And it looks like it even has room for ~2" reflex mount
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's a  video imbedded in the thread. Google will block some videos as "not safe" on this site. You need to turn off the blocking.
View Quote

There are issues with the site on mobile. Still can not see any video as of tonight. That aside, I did search for it on YouTube and just finished watching the review.

Looks neat. The adjustable stock idea is genius and I think will drive some people towards it who may not normally look at a bullpup due to their fixed length of pull.

I had seen something on the "RDB hunter" which is essentially a more basic version of this, and had given some thought to buying one. The "Survival" model looks to be a better iteration. I'll be buying one if what I just saw is the final product.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Nutnfancy has done a follow-up table-top review of the RDB Survival:

RDB Survival bug-out gun

Feel free to embed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top