Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/13/2016 11:25:26 AM EDT
Hey guys, I am beginning a long term, on going assessment of my new Keltec RDB. I plan to keep you up to date on rounds fired, accuracy results, reliability, likes/dislikes and so on... I will clean the barrel after each range trip, but besides that I will leave everything else dirty. My goal is to reach 1,000 rounds with only the addition of more oil, but no cleaning. So far I am very impressed with the rifles weight, balance, ergonomics, and modularity. As for accuracy and reliability... We'll have to wait and see.

First Range Trip:

My goal of this trip was not nessisarily to zero the rifle or test its reliability, but to adjust the gas system to its best running position. I fired 20 rounds of steel cased ammo and 20 rounds of brass. I counted 21 total adjustment positions on the gas regulator. When adjusting I started right in the middle on the 11th position from the lowest. After my first shot I quickly realized this was still too low. The bolt failed to extract the spent casing but did pick up the next round and create a double feed. After clearing the malfunction I adjusted the regulator to the 15th position and tried again with no luck. I repeated this process and continued to get the same results until I reached the 18th position. One of the double feeds was even bad enough I actually had to disassemble the rifle to clear it. I had one double feed in the 18th position and then it went on to cycle just fine after that. After seeing these results I adjusted it one more click to the 19th position and left it alone. The rifle continued to function flawlessly with both steel and brass for the remainder of the day. It should be noted that I used a sharpie to mark the gas regulators position as it is fairly easy to turn and I don't want to lose my position. As far as ejection goes, the rifle makes a nice little pile of spent casings right at the shooters feet. One thing I did notice was that all of the spent casings were slightly bent into a D shape at the mouth/neck. I have read this is a common attribute of RDB's and I'm curious if it would cause issues when reloading brass? I don't have much experience reloading but maybe one of you all know. I'll post pictures below.

The D shape in the spent casings.

The RDB size compared to the Keltec KSG shotgun.

I was a little upset to see that Keltec didn't incorporate QD sling swivel sockets, especially since they almost seem universal in the gun industry these days. But here is how I overcame that issue. A Magpul RSA on the top rail and a piece of 550 para cord on the back sling swivel. I'm using a Magpul MS3 sling.

The rifle disassembles very easily as there are only 4 major pins that hold the entire weapon together. All 4 pins are captured in place so you don't have to worry about losing them, but they are also completely removable if you continue to pull past their open captured position. I find something like a Magpul dummy bullet to be very useful to push these pins out as my fingers are a little to big.

To remove your bolt carrier group and other internal parts you simply push the two rear pins out, and the upper and lower assymblies hinge open like a mouth. Then your barrel assembly can be pulled out forward and the bolt carrier can be removed.

Disassembling the Bolt, firing pin, and cam pin is almost identical to an AR.

By pushing out the final and most rearward pin you can now separate the upper and lower receivers. I should add that I'm not using actual Keltec nomenclature for all of these parts.

I hope you all enjoyed the first part of this assessment and i'll try to keep you up to date as much as possible. (Current round count: 40!)

Please feel free to comment or message me if you have any questions at all.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review! Will be following to see further updates.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice write-up! The dented case mouth isnt just common, It's actually mentioned in the manual as normal.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to further updates.

Outside of the KSG and the RDB, do you have any other bullpups?

If so, what are they and how does the RDB compare.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looking forward to further updates.

Outside of the KSG and the RDB, do you have any other bullpups?

If so, what are they and how does the RDB compare.
View Quote
Actually the KSG doesn't even belong to me, it's my brothers. With that being said I don't have a significant amount of "shooting" experience with bullpups. But if it tells you anything I've held and handled the Tavor, X95, MSAR, FN2000, and P-90 and I was never truly interested in bullpups until I held the RDB. It was like something just clicked. I couldn't put a finger on it but I knew there was something that just felt right compared to other bullpups. I've now come to the conclusion that it's the weight/balance and the hand guard length of the RDB. It feels a lot more like an AR or other American designs whereas the other bullpups I mentioned just feel strange to me. But the main reason I chose the RDB was for its modularity. The way I've always chose my firearms was based on modularity and potential for aftermarket support. Because the way I see it is even if it has flaws in its design, they can be upgraded if it's modular. Look how far the AR-15 has come. And I credit most of that to the fact that it was designed in so many easily removable pieces.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Where and how did you mark the gas setting with a sharpie? I have an RDB and I have the same concern.

Can you post a picture of where you marked the sharpie?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Great write up , just fueling my want for one of these , thanks op!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where and how did you mark the gas setting with a sharpie? I have an RDB and I have the same concern.

Can you post a picture of where you marked the sharpie?
View Quote
Sure, nothing too fancy. Just a large visible mark on the right side with a sharpie. The top picture is with it in the correct 19th position and the second picture is what it looks like turned to the 20th position. Just shows how obvious it is that it's been turned even if only by one click. I figure the sharpie might bake off if it gets hot enough so I'll probably go back over it with paint marker when I get the time.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks! I'd stick around and see how my 1,000 round assessment goes first. Might help you make a more educated decision on buying one.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you thought about using nail polish? I figure it might be more durable and easy to distinguish.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Have you thought about using nail polish? I figure it might be more durable and easy to distinguish.
View Quote
Same thought or the silver sharpie for visibility sake.  *Insert witty comment here*, it's Monday and I lack the motivation
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks! I'd stick around and see how my 1,000 round assessment goes first. Might help you make a more educated decision on buying one.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am with this guy.

Keltec normally takes a second generation to get it right.  Look at the rfb and ksg, the original models had issues but now work great.

Besides I want a fde or odg model

Max
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#12]
How's the trigger, OP?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How's the trigger, OP?
View Quote
I would describe it as way better than a mil spec AR-15 trigger, but not quite as good as a Geissele... If you can relate to that.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Neat, thanks for the write up.  I wouldn't sweat the slight mouth dent in the brass - that's quite normal, and that will come right out when you resize the brass.  You don't even need an expander ball if that's all your seeing - that'll round right out in even a bushing die.  There's not enough stresses or material stretch/displacement from that to trouble yourself with - if that were LC brass on the ground, I'd pick that up and put that in my process-for-600 yard brass pile, no problem.

As to the sling swivels - I wouldn't sweat it too bad.  Sounds like you've got a workaround going that fine for you.   In action sports, they don't let you use the sling most of the time anyway.  Some of them will even demand you remove the sling before you can shoot.  I've tried uber-cool slings like the Magpul sling.  In the end, a basic thin strip of light-weight Nylon to throw it over your shoulder while you're doing something in the field, is really all you need.  There are very few action-sports that will allow you to use your bad-ass sling, to sling around a loaded rifle like John-Wick anyway.

With the gas system... I'm personally not a big fan of a 20-position gas system.  That just means I have 19 wrong settings, to me.  Is it at the right one?  Wait, it's cold today, do I need to adjust it?   Different ammo, adjust it some more?   Personally, I don't care for adjustible gas systems, for this reason.  AR's don't need it (mine don't at least).  My AUG has 2 settings - regular, and distressed.  So I guess it's nice to have the option if something is amiss, to take it up a notch.  But 20?  That would drive me nuts.

As to your 1000 round test, I think that's neat, and have every expectation it will shoot well through all 1000 rounds (if you stick to brass).  I suggestion not cleaning the barrel, as one key component to this adversity test, is the chamber.  The chamber will have at least some solvent contact and other cleaning effect while cleaning the bore.   In fact, that may well be the single most telling one.  If they have a rough chamber, then cleaning the barrel may well be masking reliability problems.  I personally don't shoot steel ammo, as the savings isn't nearly good enough to justify.  The biggest problem I've seen with steel, is that it's usually low pressure and doesn't seal well, combined with cheap powder.  Resulting in notable gas leak around the poorly sealed casing back into the chamber area - gunking it up with burn residues.  And then it's stuck-case time.  I'd love to see your results over 1000 rounds in a non-cleaned chamber, especially if you continue the 50% steel/ 50% brass ratio going.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I put the first 330rds through mine over lunch. Had 11 mags loaded to go, 4 loaded with brass and 7 with steel. Shot mostly strings of 2-3 and a couple mag dumps. Zero malfunctions. It smoked a lot but the handguard never got too hot to hold with bare hands. I did manage to outrun the action a few times. Given the length of the action stroke and my trigger speed, I was actually expecting it to happen more often.

It was more of a break-in run. I didn't have time to shoot for accuracy. Eotech is only sighted in somewhere in the general area of impact. Next range trip I'll have more time to enjoy the gun. I'm going to run to 1000rds myself without cleaning to see how it performs. Bolt release already feels a bit "sticky."

Oh, and I did almost kill myself on the 300+ cases the gun dropped at my feet.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would describe it as way better than a mil spec AR-15 trigger, but not quite as good as a Geissele... If you can relate to that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's the trigger, OP?

I would agree with this. When I did my write up I think it measured right at 6lbs consistently although I can't remember without going back several pages.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Keltec normally takes a second generation to get it right.  Look at the rfb and ksg, the original models had issues but now work great.
View Quote

Isn't the RDB on it's 2nd gen now?  

I thought 1st gen had 1:9 barrel while 2nd gen has 1:7?

ETA: What's the going rate on the RDB these days?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Neat, thanks for the write up.  I wouldn't sweat the slight mouth dent in the brass - that's quite normal, and that will come right out when you resize the brass.  You don't even need an expander ball if that's all your seeing - that'll round right out in even a bushing die.  There's not enough stresses or material stretch/displacement from that to trouble yourself with - if that were LC brass on the ground, I'd pick that up and put that in my process-for-600 yard brass pile, no problem.

As to the sling swivels - I wouldn't sweat it too bad.  Sounds like you've got a workaround going that fine for you.   In action sports, they don't let you use the sling most of the time anyway.  Some of them will even demand you remove the sling before you can shoot.  I've tried uber-cool slings like the Magpul sling.  In the end, a basic thin strip of light-weight Nylon to throw it over your shoulder while you're doing something in the field, is really all you need.  There are very few action-sports that will allow you to use your bad-ass sling, to sling around a loaded rifle like John-Wick anyway.

With the gas system... I'm personally not a big fan of a 20-position gas system.  That just means I have 19 wrong settings, to me.  Is it at the right one?  Wait, it's cold today, do I need to adjust it?   Different ammo, adjust it some more?   Personally, I don't care for adjustible gas systems, for this reason.  AR's don't need it (mine don't at least).  My AUG has 2 settings - regular, and distressed.  So I guess it's nice to have the option if something is amiss, to take it up a notch.  But 20?  That would drive me nuts.

As to your 1000 round test, I think that's neat, and have every expectation it will shoot well through all 1000 rounds (if you stick to brass).  I suggestion not cleaning the barrel, as one key component to this adversity test, is the chamber.  The chamber will have at least some solvent contact and other cleaning effect while cleaning the bore.   In fact, that may well be the single most telling one.  If they have a rough chamber, then cleaning the barrel may well be masking reliability problems.  I personally don't shoot steel ammo, as the savings isn't nearly good enough to justify.  The biggest problem I've seen with steel, is that it's usually low pressure and doesn't seal well, combined with cheap powder.  Resulting in notable gas leak around the poorly sealed casing back into the chamber area - gunking it up with burn residues.  And then it's stuck-case time.  I'd love to see your results over 1000 rounds in a non-cleaned chamber, especially if you continue the 50% steel/ 50% brass ratio going.
View Quote

i went well over 2k rounds with no stuck brass or malfunctions ....but i only use brass
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked one up from Shoot Straight over the weekend. Sticker was $1275. Took it home for $1000.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I picked one up from Shoot Straight over the weekend. Sticker was $1275. Took it home for $1000.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I'd definitely grab one at that price!  What barrel twist is yours?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i went well over 2k rounds with no stuck brass or malfunctions ....but i only use brass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my experience also... a few thousand rounds through mine with no malfs (with one caveat) the first two steel cased under powered rounds I fired would not eject but after opening the gas port that was fixed. I've cleaned my RDB exactly twice during this time. Once for actual cleaning purposes and once to show my nephew how it worked.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1:7. Wish it was 1:9 since I have a ton of 55gr.

I tried to buy 2 at that price, but it was the last one they had.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:42:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for doing this OP. It'll be interesting to follow along with your on your RDB journey.

Personally, I find the idea that the gun has 21 gas settings to be completely asinine. A gun should never really need 2 or 3 settings. But 21?

Leave it to Keltec I guess to do weird things.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AFAIK, 1:7 is the newer generation, so it SHOULD be the better choice overall.  I don't see significant degradation of accuracy in my other 1:7 barrels with 55gr, but then most of that is cheap plinking ammo anyway.

Quoted:
Personally, I find the idea that the gun has 21 gas settings to be completely asinine. A gun should never really need 2 or 3 settings. But 21?
Leave it to Keltec I guess to do weird things.

Doesn't the FAL have a similar system? I know the RFB has many positions.  It's not so much about having a large number of settings as it is being able to get just the RIGHT 2-4 settings.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

55gr works just fine in a 1:7 barrel

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  1:7. Wish it was 1:9 since I have a ton of 55gr.

View Quote

I'll be the 3rd person to say,"Que?"
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ive build all my ARs with 1:9 or 1:8 twist barrels. I have thousands of 55gr and it  is stabilized best in 1:9. Some of the early RDBs had that twist from what ive read.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#28]
When I bought my first AR 25 years ago almost all you saw was 1/9 but now several times a week I getting mailings from PSA with 1/7 uppers and now SA comes in with the Saint that has a 1/8 twist. Just a new shade of lipstick? I'm not a good enough shot to see a difference.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ive build all my ARs with 1:9 or 1:8 twist barrels. I have thousands of 55gr and it  is stabilized best in 1:9. Some of the early RDBs had that twist from what ive read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, no argument that it shoots better in 1:9".  1:7" spins 55 grn far faster than needed.  I thought you were implying that 55 grn wouldn't shoot out of a 1:7" bbl.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Chrome lined barrel on these I presume?  Just might be my first bullpup (if I can find one).
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Chrome lined barrel on these I presume?  Just might be my first bullpup (if I can find one).
View Quote

Not chromed, salt bath nitrided (menolite). Generally considered superior to chrome lining.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nitride 4140 Steel
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Shot mine today and double feed after double feed. Putting it up for sale ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Shot mine today and double feed after double feed. Putting it up for sale ASAP.
View Quote

What magazines?
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What magazines?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Shot mine today and double feed after double feed. Putting it up for sale ASAP.

What magazines?

Magpul Gen 3Pmag
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's for sure due to your gas system being on the wrong setting. Don't judge the weapon so quickly. Mess with your settings until you have it where it needs to be. Mine had plenty of double feeds until I figured out the correct gas setting. Now it runs like a champ.

Also, I've used gen 2 and 3 pmags with zero issues.

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's for sure due to your gas system being on the wrong setting. Don't judge the weapon so quickly. Mess with your settings until you have it where it needs to be. Mine had plenty of double feeds until I figured out the correct gas setting. Now it runs like a champ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After shooting like 5rds through it cause I got tired of clearing double feeds it's gotta go. I'm sorry but no gun should have to have the gas system adjusted everytime you want to shoot a new type of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

After shooting like 5rds through it cause I got tired of clearing double feeds it's gotta go. I'm sorry but no gun should have to have the gas system adjusted everytime you want to shoot a new type of ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know enough about the RDBs gas system, but initially the adjustability seamed really appealing, especially for shooting with a can.  What is the rang of adjustment that can be made?  Can you close it entirely, and open it far enough to cycle really weak loads?  

I get that a system like this could be really annoying for anyone that just wants to take it out of the box and slam ammo into it.  But as long as it doesn't come out of adjustment, it seems like a plus for anyone that is willing to put the time into tuning a rifle. It's a feature most rifles lack, particularly entry level ones.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adjust it so it functions with the weakest ammo you shoot and call it good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just open the gas all the way up or since it is crap I'll give you $500 for it.

I think the main purpose of the adjustable gas system is for suppressed shooting not unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:56:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think the main purpose of the adjustable gas system is for suppressed shooting not unsuppressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give him $550!
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every owned an FAL?

It doesn't need to be adjusted every time. I just cranked mine to full and adjusted down until it gave me issues, then moved it up 2. I've shop PMC, American Eagle, Wolf, Tula, and some varmint rounds I bought 8 years ago. They all ran no issues.

The gas system is awesome. Us regular shooters can set it once and forget it and the guys who shoot hand load, subs, or suppress can fine tune their rigs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Now will they actually make enough of then I can get my hands on one to see if I like it...
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are doing it wrong.  if you just gotta shoot 10 different kinds of ammo in a magazine... just open the gas all the way up.....  or adjust it to shoot the crappiest ammo you shoot and leave it alone.  The only time you should be messing with the gas system is when you shoot suppressed.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't know enough about the RDBs gas system, but initially the adjustability seamed really appealing, especially for shooting with a can.  What is the rang of adjustment that can be made?  Can you close it entirely, and open it far enough to cycle really weak loads?  

I get that a system like this could be really annoying for anyone that just wants to take it out of the box and slam ammo into it.  But as long as it doesn't come out of adjustment, it seems like a plus for anyone that is willing to put the time into tuning a rifle. It's a feature most rifles lack, particularly entry level ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC , the RDB has about 8 settings... and does not close all the way... but you can shoot any ammop right out of the box if you just open up the gas all the way and never touch it again.  When you shoot suppressed , you can adjust the gas and mark the setting.   Honestly.... the only people that complain about adjustable gas on a rifle ...dont know how.....or why to use the system
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

IIRC , the RDB has about 8 settings... and does not close all the way... but you can shoot any ammop right out of the box if you just open up the gas all the way and never touch it again.  When you shoot suppressed , you can adjust the gas and mark the setting.   Honestly.... the only people that complain about adjustable gas on a rifle ...dont know how.....or why to use the system

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't have said that better myself.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
  Honestly.... the only people that complain about adjustable gas on a rifle ...dont know how.....or why to use the system
View Quote

And then there's the people who don't know the rifle is equipped with one. Who would keep shooting a gun that's double feeding and not adjust the gas, unless you didn't know you could? Sounds extremely frustrating! If GunCollector only shot 5rds and double fed all the time, I'm going to guess he plain didn't know and didn't want to admit to it. In a world flooded with AK's and DI ARs, its not a hard mistake to make. You can't shoot 5rds and claim gas systems too finicky with ammo when you didn't even try to make it run in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And then there's the people who don't know the rifle is equipped with one. Who would keep shooting a gun that's double feeding and not adjust the gas, unless you didn't know you could? Sounds extremely frustrating! If GunCollector only shot 5rds and double fed all the time, I'm going to guess he plain didn't know and didn't want to admit to it. In a world flooded with AK's and DI ARs, its not a hard mistake to make. You can't shoot 5rds and claim gas systems too finicky with ammo when you didn't even try to make it run in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Honestly.... the only people that complain about adjustable gas on a rifle ...dont know how.....or why to use the system

I knew it did. It was raining and cold as heck in northern Ohio and didn't have the patients to mess with it. I assumed it would run out of the box because Kel Tec states in the user manual that it's adjust from the factory to run milspec ammo. Also the rubber buttstock pad falls off constantly. I'm gonna take it to an indoor range here to see how it does when I have time to mess with it more. I did this during thanksgiving also so I didn't have any intentions of messing with it since I was with family shooting for fun. The gun needs really probably on 3 setting. I get it I reload but damn lol when does enough become to much!
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I assumed it would run out of the box because Kel Tec states in the user manual that it's adjust from the factory to run milspec ammo.
View Quote

It may have been adjusted originally - the human tendency to fiddle with things cannot be underestimated!  I've seen numerous gun store cowboys fiddle with knobs on guns, scopes, etc - so it's entirely possible Kel-Tec adjusted it and then someone finger-fvcked it

Definitely take the time to adjust it before writing it off!  Kel-Tec has been very responsive in my experience so if you DO have trouble with the butt pad or anything else, drop them a line and see.

Or not, just send the rifle my way
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top