Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2016 6:06:40 AM EDT
Anything confirmed yet?  I think the X95 as an SBR, in 300BLK, with a can on it, would be the ultimate home defense "go to" firearm... better than a shotgun
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I really hope IWI will follow through with doing it.  At the very least it would be nice if they would release the correct length handguard.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure on their facebook page, they mentioning having the handguard, top rail, and thin butt-pad in stock, but are waiting on the barrels.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a feeling the factory SBRs and kits won't be available until well into the first quarter.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a feeling the factory SBRs and kits won't be available until well into the first quarter.
View Quote

I would be surprised by that, honestly.  I'm just hoping for anytime next year.  Preferably with no bugs to work out

Really, really, really looking forward to this.  Will likely be my first post-41F purchase.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the ONLY way I would even consider buying an X95. Poor accuracy reports aside, I may have still taken a chance until I saw that corny looking forend with the sliding covers. WHEN WILL THESE MANUFACTURERS LEARN WE WANT AS CLOSE TO POSSIBLE AS THE STANDARD OR MILLITARY VERSION. I know there are limits but damn IWI pulled a total Sig Sauer USA move with the redesign of the X95 for the Dumb American market. They may as well just throw a fucking AR stock on it while their at it. At least when I look at a picture of a TAVOR Being carried by an IDF person it looks kind of like the SAR one I have. I don't know what the hell that stupid looking American X95 is. Quit trying to Americanize shit with rails and AR stocks! Damnit!
Now if we can get an X95 SBR version that looks at least kind of correct or even one with a long barrel we can SBR ourselves I will be the first in line but not for the current piece of shit.
Very dissapointed with IWI and I WAS a huge fan. it's sad when a $1,700.00 rifle can get smoked in the accuracy department by a $500.00 Century WASR AK. and that's the truth I witnessed it. OH, did I mention it looks stupid too?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is the ONLY way I would even consider buying an X95. Poor accuracy reports aside, I may have still taken a chance until I saw that corny looking forend with the sliding covers. WHEN WILL THESE MANUFACTURERS LEARN WE WANT AS CLOSE TO POSSIBLE AS THE STANDARD OR MILLITARY VERSION. I know there are limits but damn IWI pulled a total Sig Sauer USA move with the redesign of the X95 for the Dumb American market. They may as well just throw a fucking AR stock on it while their at it. At least when I look at a picture of a TAVOR Being carried by an IDF person it looks kind of like the SAR one I have. I don't know what the hell that stupid looking American X95 is. Quit trying to Americanize shit with rails and AR stocks! Damnit!
Now if we can get an X95 SBR version that looks at least kind of correct or even one with a long barrel we can SBR ourselves I will be the first in line but not for the current piece of shit.
Very dissapointed with IWI and I WAS a huge fan. it's sad when a $1,700.00 rifle can get smoked in the accuracy department by a $500.00 Century WASR AK. and that's the truth I witnessed it. OH, did I mention it looks stupid too?
View Quote

Yeah, I too was very disappointed with the "X95" we got here in the USA. I understand why they did it. But I still don't like it and will never buy one.

I'm having a hard time finding the Israeli site for some reason. But there is a version of the X-95 with the correct look and everything. Sixteen and half inch barrel and 26.6 overall length. I wish we got that.

Found an article. I hate mentioning this blog. But that's the X-95 I hoped for. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/03/wcooper/gun-review-x95l-aka-micro-tavor-marksman-edition/
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pretty sure on their facebook page, they mentioning having the handguard, top rail, and thin butt-pad in stock, but are waiting on the barrels.
View Quote

That's great news; I can't wait.  I want the parts now before they dry up or stop importing them.  And for anyone who wants to see what a "Correct" X95 would look like, click on the "L.E" button on IWI's website.  Awesome!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Sven was right on the IDF styled tavor SAR integrated optic mount thing. The actual IDF issued tavor used a regular m21 mepro with a picantinny throw lever mount so the same optic can be used on a flat top m4 too. They should of just used a short top rail mounted to the barrel like the IDF issued SAR.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IWI sells every X95 they can produce and have backroders in the thousands on them from distributors.  I would say they have a very good idea what they did on making the 16" barreled gun.

I know from the consumer perspective you want the "true, authentic" 13"  SBR version, but factory SBR's  sell at 1/100th the rate of non NFA guns.   The fault isn't with IWI, the fault is with our laws.  Most people do not want to wait 9+ months for the paperwork to come through to have a barrel 3" shorter.  IWI is in the business of selling rifles to make money, so they do the 16" first and sell a ton of them to actually make money on the project (because that is the point of being in business) and eventually they bring out the 13"  SBR version for the guys who want them.   Best of both worlds as you can get either version.

View Quote

I just hope we do finally one day get the factory SBR!  In the meantime I hope the X95 continues to be a success so that they have the wherewithal to sell us a factory SBR.

When I'm spending a grand or two on a product, I want it to be numbers matching and turn-key as engineered, built and delivered by the factory.  I don't want to have to build a hobby gun by adding hundreds of dollars + on additional parts, smithing, engraving, testing.

Until we get the factory SBR I'll be waiting.  Not holding my breath, but waiting nevertheless.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to wait on the SBR version still.  It was designed within the specifications of an SBR, it's supposed to be an SBR. I think if I can get a 300BLK SBR version of it, it will be the perfect CQB SBR ever created for <100m targets.  It will be my go to gun for home defense... after my shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And for anyone who wants to see what a "Correct" X95 would look like, click on the "L.E" button on IWI's website.  Awesome!
View Quote
Do they already sell the X95 SBR to LE, or just the MG version?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Can we somehow drum up support for this to get IWI to at least give us a response on the matter?

They have recently went silent on any questions pertaining to this even though they previously have said it should be out last year and that they had all parts ready they were only waiting on the barrels.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can we somehow drum up support for this to get IWI to at least give us a response on the matter?

They have recently went silent on any questions pertaining to this even though they previously have said it should be out last year and that they had all parts ready they were only waiting on the barrels.
View Quote

You can keep bugging them on facebook and whatnot.  I leave comments from time to time but who knows.  I think the "waiting on the barrels" thing is BS.  They have the barrels.  They just haven't decided to market it yet.  

A friend of mine who is a big class III dealer said they did a run of SBR X95s for a local PD.  I don't believe these were full auto guns, just LE SBRs.  And they do have the LE X95 in general.  So that's something.

For whatever reason, manufacturers don't like to do a lot of factory NFA items.   Maybe it's too much PIA, not enough margin.  But for me, they're not going to get my business until they give us the real-deal.  

Personally I think they just have too much on their plate right now, and so this is on the back burner.  That is understandable.  I just hope it doesn't vanish off their calendar and we eventually (sooner than later) get it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe they are waiting for HPA to pass and they can put out a short buttpadded 13" barrel + 6" integral (perm attached) silencer version... for an OAL of 27".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top