Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2016 9:01:15 AM EDT
Older 9mm AUG kit, runs great until the extractor and extractor bolt fly out of the gun and it stops running.  Luckily I have been able to find them with a magnet.  Any fix for this?  Steyr was clueless.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Knowledge-wise, I'd put Pete above everyone else, probably even maleante.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a couple people that know a lot about the AUG, which is unfortunate because some knowledge, experience, and expertise isn't getting passed on or documented online for the future.

Pete though by far is the most knowledgeable person in the USA and lucky for us all is very helpful and willing to share what he knows.

To the OP's question, I responded in the other thread at bullpupforum.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
first is this a full auto gun? if so then you need anti bounce rods in the carrier. check your brass. Is it splitting in the back before the rim? Are you using reloads? 9mm might not be resized and firing out of battery. Your extractor spring might be weak. the 9mm extractor spring and the 223 ejector spring are the same. need more info
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Sear gun with a full auto carrier with shortened anti-bounce rods to fit the semi stock.  Brass is fine and it happens on semi or full usually around the second magazine.  Parts just fly out and the gun won't fully extract and eject the empty..  I'll try calling Steyr again, but they were clueless the last time I called.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the plot thickens.  Instead of putting the extractor back in I decided to put the spare in and see if that made a difference.  When I compared the two, I noticed that the spare was much thicker where it goes into the bolt.  Maybe that was a fix for these earlier extractors?  Not the best pic but you get the gist.  http://i66.tinypic.com/2csggae.jpg
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, the plot thickens.  Instead of putting the extractor back in I decided to put the spare in and see if that made a difference.  When I compared the two, I noticed that the spare was much thicker where it goes into the bolt.  Maybe that was a fix for these earlier extractors?  Not the best pic but you get the gist.  http://i66.tinypic.com/2csggae.jpg
View Quote

Huge difference. I think you found your problem.

You never mentioned if this was always an issue or if it gradually happened over time.

Do you own a 10/22 or Ruger MK pistol? The extraction is pretty much the same design. It should all make sense now, your original piece is not large enough hence it flying out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top