Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2016 11:23:18 PM EDT
Soooo has IWI ever offically addressed all the accuracy concerns? Understanding my 16" IDF Tavor appears to be considerable more accurate then the X95, I don't want to hear any of that BS about combat accuracy.... something appears to be wrong with the rifle how they will group then throw out a zinger opening the group up to sometimes 4" -5" regardless  of the ammo quality or bullet weights. My Tavor or countless other 5.56 battle rifles don't perform like this.

I want one, but would like to understand that its being looked into or at least not written off.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
how they will group then throw out a zinger opening the group up to sometimes 4" -5" regardless  of the ammo quality or bullet weights.
View Quote

Is this even possible? How would a rifle group, then throw out a zinger? And do it consistently? If so, can someone explain what is going on mechanically?

It's sounds more like there's not enough shots, so conclusions can't be drawn, it's operator error, or something else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine was a 3-5" gun from what I could tell. I just sold it a while ago, not so much over accuracy, more wanting something Ambi without conversion like an RDB since I'm Left eye dominant, but the accuracy didn't help for sure!

I only shot for groups one time at 50y with 6x magnification and my best ones were 1.5" to 1.75" most were 2" or a little over.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd want one too since I like my Tavor, but the X95 accuracy reports made me decide not to.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I've seen, It's not that bad.  A 15 shot 3.25" group out of something that's not supposed to be a precision rifle is not bad at all.  I think most people just aren't used to shooting 15 shot groups so it sounds terrible.  The military arms channel looks like he did the best test on it and I'm going off of that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting headshots out to 200 yrds with M855.

Good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good enough for me.
View Quote
Are your using a magnified optic?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good enough for me.

Yes and no. I had a ACOG TA11G on there first but broke the elevation turret the same day and had to send it back. Then I put an Eotech 553 on there from another rifle till I get my ACOG back.

Obviously with the ACOG it is easier. Eotech it is harder. I shoot a steel target whose head is about 5x4". I can hit the head and any misses I find them to be my fault.

For what it is worth I have a Specwar 556k can on it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#9]

WOW! So they are aware of the issue and wish to not discuss it. Nothing to see here move along
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine was a 3-5" gun from what I could tell. I just sold it a while ago, not so much over accuracy, more wanting something Ambi without conversion like an RDB since I'm Left eye dominant, but the accuracy didn't help for sure!

I only shot for groups one time at 50y with 6x magnification and my best ones were 1.5" to 1.75" most were 2" or a little over.

View Quote

Mine was 3-5moa also, even in a sled with a scope. The x95 is a great CQC gun but I prefer my AUG and the accuracy it brings.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Other than a new cool factor, what does the X-95 do that Tavor can do more accurately?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Other than a new cool factor, what does the X-95 do that Tavor can do more accurately?
View Quote

For me, it's much easier to mount a light to the gun without having to spend extra money on some aftermarket fore end. The X95 balances better in my hand. I prefer the location of the charging handle on the X95 to the Tavor. And I prefer the magazine release location to the Tavor.

The differences are enough to have prevented me from buying a Tavor every time I've handled one since they were released. The X95 addresses almost every issue I had with the Tavor. The only reason I do not own an X95 right now is the uncertainty of the accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#13]
If you look at the groups there is stringing. It is a bedding issue. Just remove
The front polymer ring and not cut the barrel for it IWI and your problems will
be  fixed. You jews need to stop circumcising everything
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Soooo has IWI ever offically addressed all the accuracy concerns? Understanding my 16" IDF Tavor appears to be considerable more accurate then the X95, I don't want to hear any of that BS about combat accuracy.... something appears to be wrong with the rifle how they will group then throw out a zinger opening the group up to sometimes 4" -5" regardless  of the ammo quality or bullet weights. My Tavor or countless other 5.56 battle rifles don't perform like this.

I want one, but would like to understand that its being looked into or at least not written off.

View Quote

I agree with your sentiment. "Combat accuracy" is a excuse. There are plenty of accurate rifles out there, that don't have inconsistencies with groupings.

We can be snobby in this day with so many choices. It's not too much to ask for a consistent shooting rifle that is good for HD and anything else.

This issue is why I am going to buy an F90 and not a Tavor.

They should take this shit seriously.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
There is no "problem" with the TAVOR X95's accuracy. Learn how to shoot it well, and it will do it's part. Here are 2" MOA groups at 100,  using Wolf Gold 55gr, posted on the Bulpup Forum. Get a lighter trigger, magnified optics and better ammo and you'll probably get better results.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is no "problem" with the TAVOR X95's accuracy. Learn how to shoot it well, and it will do it's part. Here are 2" MOA groups at 100,  using Wolf Gold 55gr, posted on the Bulpup Forum. Get a lighter trigger, magnified optics and better ammo and you'll probably get better results.
View Quote

I think it is disingenuous to say "learn how to shoot it..." when clearly longtime shooters are getting widely varied accuracy results. That's the core of the issue, one person getting acceptable accuracy while another is getting subpar results (not related to the shooter but rather the firearm).
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think it is disingenuous to say "learn how to shoot it..." when clearly longtime shooters are getting widely varied accuracy results. That's the core of the issue, one person getting acceptable accuracy while another is getting subpar results (not related to the shooter but rather the firearm).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing "disingenuous" about it, it is just a simple fact. Each rifle requires familiarity with how best to hold it, brace it, etc. The X95 is no different. You may be the most experienced shooter in the world, but you have to get used to shooting each particular rifle you handle.

All this belly aching and moaning/growning about "poor accuracy" is just bullshit.

The rifle is fine for what it is meant to do and is plenty accurate.

It almost makes me laugh when people get all worked up over trying to make a battle rifle into a precision rifle.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Nothing "disingenuous" about it, it is just a simple fact. Each rifle requires familiarity with how best to hold it, brace it, etc. The X95 is no different. You may be the most experienced shooter in the world, but you have to get used to shooting each particular rifle you handle.

All this belly aching and moaning/growning about "poor accuracy" is just bullshit.

It almost makes me laugh when people get all worked up over trying to make a battle rifle into a precision rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But if you have two battle rifles, one capable of 1-2 MOA and the other a 3-5 MOA gun, why would you bother with the less accurate one?  
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But if you have two battle rifles, one capable of 1-2 MOA and the other a 3-5 MOA gun, why would you bother with the less accurate one?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  No way my Tavor is accurate and the supposed better improved version is less accurate?  For 1800 bucks it needs to match or exceed the previous accuracy performance
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consistency is what the x95 lacks. One guy takes his x95 out the range and gets 2" groups with wolf while another goes to the range and gets 4" groups with match ammo. Its been well documented everywhere over the net since it came out.

The SAR models dont seem to have this issue.

When the SAR models hit the streets, shooters were (and still are) getting reliable and consistent 2 MOA (give or take .5) out of the rifles with ease and people praised them.

With the x95 one day you get 2 MOA another you get 4 MOA (even with the same ammo some times), people document it and throw it on the internet. The first response out of guys defending it is "WHA?! Its a Bullpup, not a decked out SR25/ benchrest/fuck-matic 9000 sniper rifle. What do you expect?!"
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/v42yZQt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NYIu3iFh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jb8pqFIh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IHbgAvbh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gX6PcoGh.jpg
View Quote
The ironery is the X95 already has the "improved" trigger my Tavor SAR doesn't have.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The funny thing is most of the folks getting "Poor Acuracy" are alrady Tavor SAR owners or AUG owners more so then most are accustomed to the pro and cons of the bull pup design.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Much ado about nothing.Just something for gun forum xpurts to talk about, most of whom have never shot one, and whatever they do shoot, they don't shoot well because they spend most of their trigger time clattering on their computer keyboards.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:07:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The funny thing is most of the folks getting "Poor Acuracy" are alrady Tavor SAR owners or AUG owners more so then most are accustomed to the pro and cons of the bull pup design.
View Quote

This^

I am glad you are very happy with your X95 AsymmetricShooter.  You keep posting the virtues of the X95 on every forum as if you are on a personal crusade to smite the infidels that badmouth the X95.
Just face it maybe you good a good one & there are plenty of lemons out there.  If it were not a issue it really would not be a issue.  There are tons of bullpup lovers & people that try to collect all of them.  No one is trying to deliberately bad mouth the X95 or lower its reputation - it did that itself.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Consistency is what the x95 lacks. One guy takes his x95 out the range and gets 2" groups with wolf while another goes to the range and gets 4" groups with match ammo.
View Quote

How do you know the 4" groups aren't the shooter? Not trying to be sarcastic, but I really want to know.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Turning into a non-tech pissing match...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top