Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 10:02:54 AM EDT
Back in the 90's there were AUG suppressors that attached via the stock flash hider's internal threads (you just screwed them on and were gtg).  Does anyone currently make AUG suppressors that mount like this?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Back in the 90's there were AUG suppressors that attached via the stock flash hider's internal threads (you just screwed them on and were gtg).  Does anyone currently make AUG suppressors that mount like this?
View Quote

Never seen anything like that, from my knowledge and from what I was told by Steyr  the internal threads are for the Blank Firing Adapters

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some European reflex suppressor that attach like that. And the original 9mm barrels are threaded back on the barrel for a flash suppressor or suppressor. There were 5 suppressors made and sold by GSi that fit on the old 9mm AUG's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are some European reflex suppressor that attach like that. And the original 9mm barrels are threaded back on the barrel for a flash suppressor or suppressor. There were 5 suppressors made and sold by GSi that fit on the old 9mm AUG's.
View Quote

I suppose if you had any pictures of those cans you would have posted them.  I sure would like to see them.  They were just for the 9mm's?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Photo bucket is unnavigable on a cell phone, on a computer now.

The 9mm can was Pete's, he'd be able to say more on that.
Semi related, I have both the 9mm threading spec and 5.56 barrel outside thread specs somewhere - would have to search though. Always wanted to make a reflex can for the old 9mm barrels.

The 5.56 can is European, I doubt there are any in the US.

This last picture is of the 9mm can that Pete sold. It's next to a 5.56 barrel but you get the same idea that it would thread up against the 9mm "gas block".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top