Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2016 9:56:11 AM EDT
This must be the new Jard bullpup that was mentioned in other threads.

http://www.jardinc.com/j68/
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.... that won't be winning a lot of beauty contests.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well.... that won't be winning a lot of beauty contests.
View Quote
Looks better than the J67.

A fully ambidextrous, 26 inch 9mm caliber carbine that is reliable strikes me as a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]

The designer used an Etche-a-Sketch as a drafting tool; only straight lines allowed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Better be sub $300 with those lines.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking forward to the info and vids.

Thanks Sven.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice, its looks are improving!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow that is UGLY and far too large given that it is pistol caliber.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Large in what way? It as to be at least 26" long and have at least a 16" barrel. It looks a bit chunkier than the J67, but I would imagine it's as compact as the law allows.

As far as ugly...yeah, it's no beauty queen like the AUG.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
And here I didn't think it was possible to make an uglier gun than the J67.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Dimensionally it is as small as you can go, and is pretty much the smallest production bullpup out there.  I know because I handled it yesterday.

It is not exactlya beauty queen, but it is pretty dang cool - 100% ambidextrous controls, and even ejects downwards which is very hard to do.  To get into the guts you simply hinge it open on the two front bolts like a clamshell.  Weight is pretty light too.   Could maybe use a little more style, but from a purely functional standpoint they really did a nice job, and as I recall the MSRP is $900.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dimensionally it is as small as you can go, and is pretty much the smallest production bullpup out there.  I know because I handled it yesterday.

It is not exactlya beauty queen, but it is pretty dang cool - 100% ambidextrous controls, and even ejects downwards which is very hard to do.  To get into the guts you simply hinge it open on the two front bolts like a clamshell.  Weight is pretty light too.   Could maybe use a little more style, but from a purely functional standpoint they really did a nice job, and as I recall the MSRP is $900.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Ah, ok that bottom ejection explains the length behind the mag well. Very interesting. Still I hate the form factor and hope it gets a proper facelift eventually.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]
That length makes it easy for a left or right cheek weld I'd bet.  The action is forward of the face.

It's ugly but at sub Msrp I'll buy
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Not the prettiest girl at the ball, but certainly not the ugliest. Slap a kydex cheek rest on there and some rail covers and you should be good to go. Hell, if you still think it's ugly after that just paint it camo and you won't be able to tell
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I cannot tell 100%, are they still using torex head screws to hold it together?  I haven't been able to find how these break down?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Ah, so you can get in it without messing with tools?  Why not rivet construction then?!?!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Functionally, it looks very similar to my original "proof of concept" models on my PDR.  I had the same idea for the takedown latch as well, spring loaded button recessed in the butt pad.
I'll get back on that thing one day...
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#19]
What prison metal shop are they contracting?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

threaded fasteners are a lot easier to assemble than rivets and you don't need special tooling to press the rivets.

Yes, you press a button hidden in the buttpad and it hinges open kind of like an old Corvette hood.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

Ah, so you can get in it without messing with tools?  Why not rivet construction then?!?!

threaded fasteners are a lot easier to assemble than rivets and you don't need special tooling to press the rivets.

Yes, you press a button hidden in the buttpad and it hinges open kind of like an old Corvette hood.  

Did you get to shoot it?  How is the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ah, ok that bottom ejection explains the length behind the mag well. Very interesting. Still I hate the form factor and hope it gets a proper facelift eventually.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sven

Manticore Arms

I think that IS the facelift.

I like the idea, but I also think this would be the perfect design for a 10mm carbine using glock 20 magazines.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms

I understand the whole screw build thing from the height of random ak building... but damn I woild probably be on one of these despite the horrid looks if it was riveted.  Without the freaking screw heads I could imagine it was just a neat operating M17 or something.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I like my guns like my extruded gutters said no one ever. . I guess it'd be a good companion to the M17S variants since they share a common style.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose but that's going to be a tough sale.  I wish them luck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:07:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Fucking hideous.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like my guns like my extruded gutters said no one ever. . I guess it'd be a good companion to the M17S variants since they share a common style.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose but that's going to be a tough sale.  I wish them luck.
View Quote

All that radiation has addled your brain Stalker.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel kind of bad for whoever designed that. I am sure that they put a lot of time into it and it might be a great gun as far as functionality, but damn is it ugly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good point. I already want one but now I have another reason.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I did not have a chance to shoot live ammo through it, but it has a match grade trigger in it- 4-5 lb pull with a nice clean break in it.  Jard basically put a high end trigger in the production gun.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I did not have a chance to shoot live ammo through it, but it has a match grade trigger in it- 4-5 lb pull with a nice clean break in it.  Jard basically put a high end trigger in the production gun.  

Did anyone get any trigger time with it?  Was it just a display, or is it a functional model ready for market?

I'm going to go against the crowd here and say it is a good looking little carbine in the industrial sense.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#30]
That thing needs the deft touch of a trained designer.  It has all the good looks of a 2x4 with a trigger and barrel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#31]
That pretty far up the ugly stick.....the m17s is just a bit lower.   I understand the reasons are economics for the M17s but still looks like it's from the mid 80's
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#32]
It would look better with the rear sight on correctly...haha.

I wonder what the length of pull is?

Sometimes bottom eject on a bullpup means sore or burnt arms/wrist. Keltec KSG empty 12 guage shells smack your arm/wrist with authority. 9mm, should be a problem unless due to heat.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#33]
It might not look as bad if it's painted black.  

If it can compete on price with an SBR'ed 9mm glock mag AR (sounds like it can) I'll buy one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top