Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2016 6:39:53 PM EDT
Mine was just delivered :-) clears the GHW folding handle as well :-)

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!

Any issues with accuracy from your X95?

What sort of accuracy are you getting from yours?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good!

View Quote

That's not an X95.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it.

It's amazing how dramatically different the Tavor looks with just a handguard swap.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh my.  That's pretty.  Is that aluminum?  Or poly?

I really REALLY want a Tavor.

Edit: is that a 16" or 18" under the handguard?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a 18.5 inch barrel ( Stupid Canadian laws )
Handguard is aluminium
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like it.

It's amazing how dramatically different the Tavor looks with just a handguard swap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
For those with both the original Tavor and an X95, would it be possible to design a handguard like this for the X95?   The handguard on the X95 is one of my only hangups about that design, and it's a big one.   I like the original handguard and this design much better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a nicely designed hand guard. Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's not an X95.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good!

That's not an X95.

Doh!

My mistake. That handguard still looks great!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Does it have provisions for mounting a light?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Does it have provisions for mounting a light?
View Quote

MLOK
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Keymod Version

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Link?
View Quote

Send Ramy a message he is the one who makes them Hes selling them on the Tavor FB page.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Can a light be mounted at the 12 o'clock? Like a Surefire x300. Are these available stateside?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can a light be mounted at the 12 o'clock? Like a Surefire x300. Are these available stateside?
View Quote

This is what I also would like to see. On a 16.5" rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For those with both the original Tavor and an X95, would it be possible to design a handguard like this for the X95?   The handguard on the X95 is one of my only hangups about that design, and it's a big one.   I like the original handguard and this design much better.
View Quote

This right here.  The X95 is treated like the red headed step child in regards to aftermarket parts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This right here.  The X95 is treated like the red headed step child in regards to aftermarket parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure?  It might just be the fact that the X95 is fairly new to the scene here.  The Tavor has been "out there" and in some decent numbers.

Another issue might be the political climate that exists at least in the U.S. right now.  If you're a firearms or aftermarket manufacturer who might be faced with some kind of attempted ban in a few months, would you want to be sitting on a pile of components that will now only fit a limited number of "legal" guns in existence...or a silly effort to make all such guns illegal?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes it has a 12 o'clock M-lok slot.

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are you sure?  It might just be the fact that the X95 is fairly new to the scene here.  The Tavor has been "out there" and in some decent numbers.

Another issue might be the political climate that exists at least in the U.S. right now.  If you're a firearms or aftermarket manufacturer who might be faced with some kind of attempted ban in a few months, would you want to be sitting on a pile of components that will now only fit a limited number of "legal" guns in existence...or a silly effort to make all such guns illegal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it.  It's new.  But none of the manufacturers who make aftermarket parts are even talking about new items for it.  No sneak peaks, prototypes, hints, nothing.  Any parts that you see fit the X95 are just SAR parts that happen to fit the X95.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Due to the design of the X95 an aftermarket HG will be tougher to design compared to the Tavor. The X95 uses a barrel bushing and the front of the optics rail for support. It also locks into to the trigger guard so much more complex than the Tavor HG.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw on the site, 275?! Dang.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is totally not true.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it.  It's new.  But none of the manufacturers who make aftermarket parts are even talking about new items for it.  No sneak peaks, prototypes, hints, nothing.  Any parts that you see fit the X95 are just SAR parts that happen to fit the X95.

That is totally not true.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Busted.  Let's see those pics
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I generally modify the heck out of every gun I get.  The X95 is the only one I've mostly left alone.  Threw a VFG and an optic on it and I've not felt the need to change anything else on it.

That's really rare for me.

*edit:  I lied.  Forgot I added a muzzle device for the Surge 7.62 suppressor.  But that's it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You know, I generally modify the heck out of every gun I get.  The X95 is the only one I've mostly left alone.  Threw a VFG and an optic on it and I've not felt the need to change anything else on it.

*edit:  I lied.  Forgot I added a muzzle device for the Surge 7.62 suppressor.  But that's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!...that's kind of my situation with the Tavor.  I'm terrible about swapping and trying out all manner of components on a new gun, but my Tavor got a new Shooting Sight trigger, GH's charging handle, a cheap ambi-safety, and that's it.  I actually like the handguard on my Tavor.  But people are different, and the government hasn't cloned us into mindless robots...yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I changed or added about everything I could on my Tavor and it still was lacking. Never liked any handguards and the charging handle was too high. I actually liked the mag release though.

This handguard looks nice. Its flat not tapered and rounded slim bottom not squared and bulky.

My X95 got a muzzle device and optic and I'm totally happy with it stock.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:38:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I saw on the site, 275?! Dang.
View Quote
Don't forget to file your form 6 to import it and verify foreign parts count for 922r. Yes, even a simple handguard requires the Form 6. Then, also remember that your rifle already contains a certain number of foreign made parts (did you see that warning about only using U.S. made magazines that came attached to the rifle?).

Does anyone know exactly how many Israeli parts are included in the SAR or X95? Does anyone know exactly which parts they are? A magazine counts for 3, so maybe a handguard doesn't put you over the line, maybe it does. Maybe the factory handguard is one of the Israeli made and imported parts, so using a Canadian made one would be a wash? I just don't know. Trigger? Sear? Hammer? Where were these made? Does replacing them with domestic aftermarket components like those from Geissele give you the room to use imported mags, or a handguard? Have you replaced the muzzle device?

This is all stuff that HK and AK guys have been very familiar with for a long time. We would need more info from IWI to be able make informed decisions on our SAR and X95 guns, in order to stay out of ATFs crosshairs if we decide to start swapping out factory parts with imported replacements.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#29]
As far as I know this is the IWI US list of imported Tavor parts:

1. Receiver
2. Barrel
3. Barrel Extension
4. Bolt
5. Bolt Carrier
6. Operating Rod
7. Trigger Housing
8. Buttstock/Pistol Grip (not sure if this counts as one or two parts)
9. Forearm

And IWI warns to use only US made magazines to make the 922R parts count ...
Looks like one could use any three US Made Barrel Extension, Trigger Housing, Forearm or Operating Rod and run any mag you want. Am I correct ???
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Send Ramy a message, he is the one who makes them. [email protected] Hes selling them on the Tavor FB page.
View Quote

Anyone have a link to the FB page?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send Ramy a message, he is the one who makes them. [email protected] Hes selling them on the Tavor FB page.

The IWI Tavor Owners Group facebook page is set to secret.

I would just e-mail him
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As far as I know this is the IWI US list of imported Tavor parts:

1. Receiver
2. Barrel
3. Barrel Extension
4. Bolt
5. Bolt Carrier
6. Operating Rod
7. Trigger Housing
8. Buttstock/Pistol Grip (not sure if this counts as one or two parts)
9. Forearm

And IWI warns to use only US made magazines to make the 922R parts count ...
Looks like one could use any three US Made Barrel Extension, Trigger Housing, Forearm or Operating Rod and run any mag you want. Am I correct ???
View Quote

You may be correct, maybe not. The point is that without getting a specific list from IWI, we can only really confirm the origin of two parts. The barrel is imported, having stamped/engraved Israeli origin markings. The receiver, however, has to be domestic. ATF rules wouldn't allow it to be imported, because it will readily accept scary magazines that they don't deem "suitable for sporting purposes". Those are the only parts I can say with 100% certainty where they came from. The rest is a guessing game. Some can be educated guesses, but still guesses none the less.

ATF is not going to come knock on your door and ask you to demonstrate your parts counts because you decided to use a foreign made magazine or muzzle device that can be readily purchased in domestic markets. However, when you file a Form 6 to get permission to import this forearm/handguard from Canada that can only be attached to a firearm that they are likely already aware is dancing a fine line on the count list, it may get noticed. ATF Inspectors still have more important things to do than come knocking on the door of an average Joe, but I could see the imports branch asking you to demonstrate your parts count before approving your Form 6. I have seen them request additional information for other reasons, before. I have also seen them just approve Forms with "conditions" attached.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Magazine, flash hider, trigger, hammer, sear, and piston are the US made compliance parts. Using an imported handguard should not affect 922r compliance.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow that looks good! What hand guard is that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I think the registered "receiver" US made part of the x95 is actually the metal insert chassis, not the plastic outer shell.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I like it.

View Quote
So true, best looking handgaurd yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top