Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2016 10:33:36 AM EDT
Dear admin,

Pin this highly informative thread for future reference.

To anyone who is stuck with the M13x1 muzzle thread on their beautiful Steyr AUG,
I have good news for you.

After long searches for days, it is confirmed muzzle devices designed for ARs with 1/2-28 thread pattern
Can successfully be rethreaded to M13x1 LH thread. It will stay on your muzzle ass tight, no worries of it blowing off.

This is confirmed by two companies, RATWORX and White Sound Defense.
In fact, they both have done the rethreading service and no customers came back complaining.

AUG owners are now free to use any muzzle brakes in the market, you just gotta get it rethreaded.

I will soon post a pic of mine rethreaded.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
This thread does not need to be pinned... I believe this was already common knowledge. Not to mention that several companies make devices in the proper thread.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread does not need to be pinned... I believe this was already common knowledge. Not to mention that several companies make devices in the proper thread.
View Quote

Exactly. And is one of the reasons I went with AAC.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent a 1/2-28 Levang Linear Comp to Ratworx for 13-1LH rethreading, after they told me they could do it.
The sent the comp back untouched, saying it was too hardened and would damage their tap, so they couldn't do it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dear admin,

Pin this highly informative thread for future reference.

To anyone who is stuck with the M13x1 muzzle thread on their beautiful Steyr AUG,
I have good news for you.

After long searches for days, it is confirmed muzzle devices designed for ARs with 1/2-28 thread pattern
Can successfully be rethreaded to M13x1 LH thread. It will stay on your muzzle ass tight, no worries of it blowing off.

This is confirmed by two companies, RATWORX and White Sound Defense.
In fact, they both have done the rethreading service and no customers came back complaining.

AUG owners are now free to use any muzzle brakes in the market, you just gotta get it rethreaded.

I will soon post a pic of mine rethreaded.
View Quote

thank you for posting this. Tried a lot of other companies  to re-thread a muzzle device and no one wanted to do it>
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I had no idea this service was offered. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:11:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm throwing a Phantom on my new M1, it'll be a nice contrast to the SDN-6 on the A3. YHM makes M13x1 LH as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Several companies?  Can you name at least half of the several you know?  AAC? They only have 1 FH.
Yes this thread should be pinned because you dont own one and you don't know what it feels like to have m13x1 lh.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had no idea this service was offered. Thanks OP.
View Quote

Your local machinist should be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Several companies?  Can you name at least half of the several you know?  AAC? They only have 1 FH.
Yes this thread should be pinned because you dont own one and you don't know what it feels like to have m13x1 lh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't GD so the reading is for faggots doesn't apply in tech threads. Here's vellnueve's post right above:

Quoted:
I'm throwing a Phantom on my new M1, it'll be a nice contrast to the SDN-6 on the A3. YHM makes M13x1 LH as well.

In case you don't understand what he's saying, he has TWO AUG's and both have QD suppressors with AUG thread specific mounts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Emotional rednecks need not to get all feisty over a thing. All I am saying is AUG owners are not limited to few muzzle devices threaded specifically for M13x1.
In fact, there aren't several muzzle devices to choose for the AUG.

All I am saying is they have the liberty to try all the muzzle devices out there that are better and cheaper.

We should first grant him a medal for owning two AUGs. Then grant you a medal for acknowledging
You deserve it.

Quoted:

This isn't GD so the reading is for faggots doesn't apply in tech threads. Here's vellnueve's post right above:

In case you don't understand what he's saying, he has TWO AUG's and both have QD suppressors with AUG thread specific mounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sent a 1/2-28 Levang Linear Comp to Ratworx for 13-1LH rethreading, after they told me they could do it.
The sent the comp back untouched, saying it was too hardened and would damage their tap, so they couldn't do it.
View Quote

Tap?  If it mounts a suppressor they need to be rethreading on a lathe for concentricity.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Emotional rednecks need not to get all feisty over a thing.

All I am saying is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Emotional rednecks need not to get all feisty over a thing.

All I am saying is

Quoted:
After long searches for days,

Quoted:

Quoted:
We should first grant him a medal for owning two AUGs. Then grant you a medal for acknowledging
You deserve it.

Calm down, you're butthurt because information you thought was breaking is actually common knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I asked Marvin Pitts about doing this a few years ago and he didn't think it was a good idea. There's not much meat left after doing so. You're talking about something threaded 12.7mm RH and rethreading it 13mm LH. I imagine it looks knurled afterwards. Got any pics?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Slap-fight checksum > n1. Stack Overflow. Lock confirmed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top