BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Desert Tactical was at the Bullpup shoot with some of their straight up awesome bolt guns.  They did not have a MDR.  I talked to these guys at length about the MDR.  I believe they are going to ship the guns at some point in the near future.  I also believe the MDR's  will be good to go out of the box.  DT simply wants to make sure they will sell a great gun with no problems.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quick question to attendees: was the desert tactical MDR there?

i saw / heard some of their bolt action rifles there. i also saw the F90 - amazing gun.

i don't recall seeing the mdr though. was it there?

Desert Tactical was at the Bullpup shoot with some of their straight up awesome bolt guns.  They did not have a MDR.  I talked to these guys at length about the MDR.  I believe they are going to ship the guns at some point in the near future.  I also believe the MDR's  will be good to go out of the box.  DT simply wants to make sure they will sell a great gun with no problems.

I would echo this. The quality on their products is quite good, I don't think that quality will be an issue for the MDR.

In the world of software development, there is a phrase "shipping is a feature" which basically means that eventually you have to stop adding and tweaking and let an almost-perfect, almost-complete product go out the door. The MDR is a completely new gun with lots of new features, and I think they just want to get it right the first time, knowing that expectations are very high. It it frustrating to wait a long time (and for some folks, to delay other purchases) but as long as they get it out before laws change (CA, etc.) then I think it will be a great addition to the bullpup world. For the people who have been going nuts waiting for the MDR to come out since the first prototypes were seen a while back, it's got to be rough, but waiting for an excellent product is better than being disappointed in a not-ready product.

I was also impressed by the F90 - I wish it had a modular (user-changeable) handgrip like the X95 or better still, an AR-compatible grip mount.

I was pretty busy staffing a demo table for the guns I brought - I wish I could have attended just to shoot stuff, there was so much cool stuff on the Ratworx table that I could have spent a half-day just shooting that stuff.

This event is a class-act hosted by friendly people in a nice area of the country. I was glad I had an excuse to go this year, and I plan on going back in the future.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
How was the STG?
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
So who is going to start the Bullpup Shoot 2016 picture thread?

At least post whatever & every picture you guys took of the F90
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
F90M

F90

Amazing rifle at an amazing event. The Lithgow rep said a full pound lighter than the standard AUG, and it's noticeably lighter than my AUG A3 M1 (I'd say that's so even without factory optic and just the rail and red dot instead on mine). He showed how you could balance the thing with your hand cupped under the stock right behind the pistol grip. Very well balanced. The recoil impulse felt softer than my A3M1, not sure if this was muzzle device, design or just my amateur impression. I was told they plan to have it hit US market in December.

He also removed the barrel showing that it also removed the housing inside the stock/receiver, allowing for complete caliber change. I'm not sure how that worked for mag well (in retrospect i wish I'd asked).

Manticore folks were great to meet and talk to, such a great event and huge thanks to Sven and everybody for putting it on. And really all  the vendors and attendees I spoke with were really just down to earth great folks.

Eta the embedded pictures
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
F90M
http://i.imgur.com/wRzY6i9.jpg?1

F90
http://i.imgur.com/brepj3q.jpg?1

Amazing rifle at an amazing event. The Lithgow rep said a full pound lighter than the standard AUG, and it's noticeably lighter than my AUG A3 M1 (I'd say that's so even without factory optic and just the rail and red dot instead on mine). He showed how you could balance the thing with your hand cupped under the stock right behind the pistol grip. Very well balanced. The recoil impulse felt softer than my A3M1, not sure if this was muzzle device, design or just my amateur impression. I was told they plan to have it hit US market in December.

He also removed the barrel showing that it also removed the housing inside the stock/receiver, allowing for complete caliber change. I'm not sure how that worked for mag well (in retrospect i wish I'd asked).

Manticore folks were great to meet and talk to, such a great event and huge thanks to Sven and everybody for putting it on. And really all  the vendors and attendees I spoke with were really just down to earth great folks.

Eta the embedded pictures
View Quote

Thanks for your thoughts and photos. I'm excited.  By chance did you ask if they will be making one that takes standard AR15 mags?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I spy a manticore x95 buttplate. Does that mean they will be available soon?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for your thoughts and photos. I'm excited.  By chance did you ask if they will be making one that takes standard AR15 mags?
View Quote

i asked. they will, but it will be out a year after the aug mag version.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Can anyone comment on the Cetme L?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can anyone comment on the Cetme L?
View Quote

Was not at the show.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The X95 buttpad you saw was the first production part off the mold, and we are making piles of them right now to build up inventory.  Should be up for next week if all goes to plan.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The X95 buttpad you saw was the first production part off the mold, and we are making piles of them right now to build up inventory.  Should be up for next week if all goes to plan.  

I'm not sure if you received my email or not, but any idea when the X-95 port covers will be back in stock?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The pics are all of non-bullpups.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Any video footage taken of the F90?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#20]
In for everything F90.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Makes sense
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Steve,

Some questions for you;

Does lithgow have a US web address? if so what is it? will they be bringing in a FDE version or is it just going to be black?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks Mate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyword if the Lithgow guns will be in any color other than black?

Black guns are cool and all. But I also like a little color variety from time to time. :D I dig the tan/green ones I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Are the f90 mags proprietary? I thought I read that they were and that might be a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The pics are all of non-bullpups.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are the f90 mags proprietary? I thought I read that they were and that might be a deal breaker for me.
View Quote

If you look at this picture, you see 3 different types of magazines. Australian F90 type mags (black), Steyr mags, and Magpul AUS mags. Since the Magpul AUS mags fit both the F90 and AUG, and that the Steyr AUG mag is sitting on the table next to the F90, I think it's pretty safe to guess that the F90 will accept your Steyr AUG magazines.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks maleante. Back in now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
They do not have a web address or facebook page yet.  First guns will be black, other colors may follow (we have disucssed with them doing the FDE stock with green cerakote receiver just like the Aussie issued version of the F90 Atrax )

Sven

Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Steve,

Some questions for you;

Does lithgow have a US web address? if so what is it? will they be bringing in a FDE version or is it just going to be black?

They do not have a web address or facebook page yet.  First guns will be black, other colors may follow (we have disucssed with them doing the FDE stock with green cerakote receiver just like the Aussie issued version of the F90 Atrax )

Sven

Manticore Arms

They did have a FB page but they took it down for some reason

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Look two posts above yours. ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyword if the Lithgow guns will be in any color other than black?

Black guns are cool and all. But I also like a little color variety from time to time. :D I dig the tan/green ones I've seen.

Look two posts above yours. ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Thanks. I read through the thread, but missed that somehow.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top